AAAAWK, It's 103 degrees here...

pelagic1

in San Diego. :eek: And I'm stuck at work... Please, oh please let there be wind tomorrow. I wanna go play. Suffice to say this sucks... :cool:

i feel your pain

it is 101 in Dallas with 70% humidity

jeebus it is hot

at least there is breeze

hang in there

Hey, I've been there before, I used to drive for J.H. Rose in a previous life! I'll think good thoughts for wind for you too!

it is great here, but I'm not sailing today either!

78 and sunny, good breeze on the bridge from what I can tell.

Racing all weekend in the Gorge, and it's going to be WINDY! ya

Where I live its close to a 100 most days of the year!! In Chennai. That's on the east coast of India. But most evenings we get a decent sea breeze. I am hoping tomorrow will be a good day out for sailing.

Have a nice weekend.

Ravi

Temps in the high 80's with upper-level humidity. There's enough breeze in the evenings (4-7 PM) to move the boat around gently but rarely enough that I have to hike out of the boat to keep it level. *sigh* There will be more wind in the fall.

Weekend update: Record high temps and humidity. Wind: Light and flukey from all around the compass. Didn't even rig up... Went for a bay cruise and fished halibut instead. No legals, but the beer was cold anyway.

no breeze here, pollution level orange & 104º

a little breeze in the evenings, but still bloody hot

sux

If for no other reason than wind people should move to Iowa. Always windy, generally pretty mild (except for the winters of course), just great sailing weather. Everyone come to SCOW COUNTRY!!!!!

My last three trips to Iowa were for drifters. But I would still go back if somebody would seriously invite everybody from Texas to Minnesota for a regatta. Last weekend in August has failed miserably though...be careful with dates.

Last night in Austin we had about seven races in 100 degree heat. The wind was wonderful. It was almost whitecapping some of the time (but not quite) so the skinny little runts who as children displeased their mothers, left food on the plate, and let all those deprived children in some foreign land starve could keep up.
Most of us took large bottles of water along. Some sailors also jumped in the almost clean enough to drink lake between races.
Around here, the keys to fun summer sailing include waiting until the evening and not bothering to rig unless there is already visible evidence of decent wind on the water.

August = bad in Iowa/Minnesota in terms of wind.

Spring or Fall is best, generally 17mph+ with large chop on the bigger lakes. Of course at that time the water is quite chilly. Oh well, we can't have it all....

cheers

Nope, you can't... because we have it all here in San Diego! Ocean, lakes, mountains, and dez. All within a couple of hours of burning $3.50/gallon gasoline! btw, thanks for the ethanol :) Seriously, that sounds like fun sailing in the middle of a corn field (figuratively speaking).

NP on the ethanol, i just wish I would have been in on the bottom end of it. That would have bought a few Lasers!!! Iowa's got 2 good lakes, Clear Lake (dirty) and Okoboji, which when it blows is a blast. Wish we could get a MAJOR regatta there in peek season, could be a blast.

Hot, sunny and breezy here in the Great lakes Rust belt. Only problem are those pesky lightning strikes. Forecasters reckon on 'probable storm' every evening for the next four or five. Crazy.

Went to West Michigan last week on RV vacation. Really wanted to take the Laser, but in the end couldn't since I was overloaded anyway. We had 85mph - yes, 85mph winds on Monday afternoon. Uprooted the trees in the campground, flattened a few pop-up campers, tore up the powerlines, and now my 2.5yr old wakes in the middle of the night saying 'trees fall down, trees fall down'.

Would have made for an interesting sail though... 85mph anyone?

/Andy

Yikes, mabe with a napkin as a sail!

We had 109 degrees here on Sat w/ plenty of humidity. Silly, wind, all or nothing, mostly nothing. Yesterday we had 28kts, but only for about an hour. Fun while it lasted though, full plane in the harbor.

Back