A Ten Second Rant...

Trueke

...After patching up the three holes on my SF, I just felt the need to let the Sunfish community how I feel after applying the West System's 407 fairing mix, "SANDING, NO MORE SANDING PLEASE!!!!" Now back to you regular forum discussions.:D

... "SANDING, NO MORE SANDING PLEASE!!!!"

I'm sorry ... did you say something?

tyvek-suit.jpg

He said, you need more padding...

WPL269B1_W_Z.jpg

snore, zzzzzzz, snore, zzzzzzz, snore, zzzBUNNY-RABBIT SUITS!!!

tyvek-suit.jpg

After that nightmare I'd better get some sleep..and be ready for some more sanding tomorrow.

After that nightmare I'd better get some sleep..and be ready for some more sanding tomorrow.

:eek: Yikes ... how much of that stuff did you put on.

Usually you sand the gelcoat smooth, squeegee on fairing compound to fill the dips, nicks, and gouges, then sand the whole thing for painting with another couple of hours work.

ResizedImage200132-use-25.gif

... like in the Laser Performance demo video.

Multiple days isn't typically part of that plan... :( ugh.

Well, being that this is my first time dealing with this stuff, and that the patches were pretty big, and that I kind of put a hearty amount thinking "well, it says is easier to sand than 406"...you get the picture:D. Now, I was pretty much done yesterday but I have to do the second pass of 407 to catch any imperfections left from the first one; this one should go better. Let's hope I'll get it ready for painting tomorrow!

Back