A Mystery (to me, at least) Rudder

Rudder_zps85yaosyb.jpg.html

I have this rudder but don't know what it was made for. You can see a large "S" with a fish on it. Any ideas?

:p found the pic link...

That is going to be a tough one because a lot of rudders use that style construction.

But not a Sunfish.

Going to probably need the whole rudder shape and might need measurements for someone to ID it... and I bet its a longshot if you don't have a hull to give more info.

Rudder 2

This is a whole picture of the rudder. The blade is 29 1/2 inches long and 8 inches wide. The large "S" with the fish is on the metal 2 times, looks to be a logo... Thanks for your help :)

The straps (with the "S" logo) might be original, but I doubt the large square aluminum(?) cheek plates are original - almost look like a home-made repair job.

Sailcraftri for the WIN! I googled Schaefer pintles and could see that the logo is the same as what these have. :)

Awesome knowledge on display; many thanks! Now to sell them, as they don't fit anything that I own...

Schaefer makes some very expensive marine items. :eek: I stopped at a yard sale and saw a "snatch-block" in near-new condition. It set me back $10, but when I looked it up, it had been selling new for $285! (The seller at the time had said, "These are expensive blocks"). I should've bought both of them! :confused:

I use mine every time I go sailing—in conjunction with a double-sheave block, to pull the Sunfish up on its ramp. :)

Back