5 Digit Sail Number

Adam G.

Tomorrow I'm going to replace the sail numbers on a sail I bought so they're the right numbers for the boat. I looked at the old sail and the number is only 5 digits. Why is it only 5 digits? Its proper right? When I put those numbers on the sail should it look like this? XXXXX

Almost half the Laser ever sold had 5 digit numbers. Yes, your color scheme for the numbers for a new sail is correct.

The Laser Class Rules say...

Sail numbers from 131000, sails purchased after 1st June 1993 and new sails stamped “New Numbers” shall have numbers that are clearly visible with the last four digits of the number in one dark, distinctive colour or black and any preceding numbers in a different, contrasting, distinctive colour (red is recommended).

Almost half the Laser ever sold had 5 digit numbers. Yes, your color scheme for the numbers for a new sail is correct.

The Laser Class Rules say...

Sail numbers from 131000, sails purchased after 1st June 1993 and new sails stamped “New Numbers” shall have numbers that are clearly visible with the last four digits of the number in one dark, distinctive colour or black and any preceding numbers in a different, contrasting, distinctive colour (red is recommended).

Oh good. Thanks. Should the numbers be aligned to the left?

Back