3M 4200 Sealant Off Hands

Sunfish65

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get 3M 4200 off your hands? I installed an inspection port over the weekend. Should have used gloves.

Sunfish65 :(

I did a google search and found some people use acetone or gasoline to take 4200 off their hands. WD40 seems to work too.:)

As a (former) biochemist, I would be hesitant to use gasoline. Many people will tell you to be careful with acetone as well. Wouldn't some good scrubbing with soap, water and a (Dobie) pad work?

And doesn't the container have some info on how to remove 4200? Reliable info might also be available from 3M, if not its website.

I scrubbed my hands last night with a hard brush and soap no luck. Today I used mineral spirits. Majority of the sealant came off. Word to the wise, use gloves when using this sealant.

I just installed strap eyes for a hiking strap and used 3M-5200 caulk and got it all over. Had the "Soft-scrub" out from earlier bathroom cleaning and so used it... looking at my fingers as I type, it seems to have worked well for the most part (need to take a brush to the finger nails)!

Back