Media 2nd Midwest Regionals-Wawasee

Neil

I couldn’t resist posting these photos. They are the only other good action photos that I have from this year. I copied them from the Wawasee Yacht Club’s website at http://www.wawaseeyc.com/. The event was the 2nd Midwest Regional Sunfish Championship held August 21-22, 2004. In the hundreds of photos taken at the North Americans, which I also attended this year, I didn’t end up in one photo. Somehow out of the 10 sailing photos that WYC posted, I was lucky and ended up in 3 pictures. Thanks to whoever took the photos.

Despite the light winds on Saturday, this turned out to be a nice regatta. It was the first time I raced against the great Dick Tillman and his equally talented wife, Linda. It was also the second time this year I got to follow Dan Norton around the course and marvel once again at his sailing abilities. He is a natural.

Photo Descriptions:
Dan Norton Leading: That’s Dan Norton working on running away with this regatta with finishes of 1,1,1,2. Tom Katterheinrich is following to the left on port tack.
Heading Right: That’s Brittany Leader, me, Steve Kraft, Dave Welter and I believe George Irmscher heading to the right side of the windward leg.
Working Upwind: That’s me and junior Michael Wolfer trying to keep our sails full and our boats moving through the chop.
Rounding W.W. Mark: That’s me rounding the mark (behind others ahead-it looks good anyway) with Fritz Hanselman directly behind, ahead of Brian Callahan on port who is about to tack on Linda Leader's lee bow.
Linda Leader Offwind: Linda is closest to the camera.

Attachments

• Dan Norton Leading.jpg
    Dan Norton Leading.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Heading Right.jpg
    Heading Right.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Working Upwind.jpg
    Working Upwind.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 286
  • Rounding WW Mark.jpg
    Rounding WW Mark.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 274
  • Linda Leader Offwind.jpg
    Linda Leader Offwind.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 243
Nice photos, Neil. Thanx for the post. I can't believe you missed out on the photo ops at NA's. Hopefully we'll meet again next summer.

Tim

Back