$2500 - J24 1925 with trailer for sale - $2500

Thread starter #1
State
OHIO
Hello,

I have a real catch for sale here. I will have to move back to Germany very soon and therefore have to sell quickly.
The boat is in the water at Grand River Marina and ready to sail. Slip is paid until end of season.
The boat comes with a trailer and outboard motor and set of North Sail from 2009.

The hull and deck are solid. The deck need a coat of paint due to some epoxy repairs of former block positions.

I will ad pictures in the evening.

Cheers,
Tim

timwarncke@web.de

Thread starter #4
Haben Sie Fotos von Ihrer J-24?

Danke, Wil
Aber sicher! Ich war kurz verwirrt wegen Ihrer deutschen Antwort :) Bilder kommen!
Viele Grüße!

Attachments

Thread starter #6
Hello,

I have a real catch for sale here. I will have to move back to Germany very soon and therefore have to sell quickly.
The boat is in the water at Grand River Marina and ready to sail. Slip is paid until end of season.
The boat comes with a trailer and outboard motor and set of North Sail from 2009.

The hull and deck are solid. The deck need a coat of paint due to some epoxy repairs of former block positions.

I will ad pictures in the evening.

Cheers,
Tim

timwarncke@web.de

Attachments

Tim,
I am learning German on my own and it is coming very slowly. Can we un-step the mast so that I may trailer the boat back to Texas? Does it need anything else besides paint on the deck? How is the keel, rudder, rigging? What is the interior like? I am very interested and would plan on getting your boat this week. Note: it is hotter than hell here in central Texas.

Wil

Thread starter #8
Tim,
I am learning German on my own and it is coming very slowly. Can we un-step the mast so that I may trailer the boat back to Texas? Does it need anything else besides paint on the deck? How is the keel, rudder, rigging? What is the interior like? I am very interested and would plan on getting your boat this week. Note: it is hotter than hell here in central Texas.

Wil
Hi Wil,
Great that you are interested!
For sure, I would be available to help unstep the mast and to get it out of the water. There is a crane in the marina,...
Keel and rudder are in great shape! There is some algie starting to grow on the rudder after 3 months in the water. I think a quick powerwash should get rid of it.
The interior is not in the best shape but simple to refresh. Some wood polish and some nice cuishons are all you need in my opinion. Well, ok, a small electrical panel is also needed (35$). The floorboard in the cabin was wet and is original and hence old. It is usable but a new one would make the cabin look nice (DIY 150$). The boat was basically stripped empty for racing. There is nothing in the front, other than the mast step. Lots of room for sails and just stow room. It really is a nice little project and I hate to not be able to finish it.
There is a Spinnaker, a main, a jib, spi-boom, two winches, a bunch of blocks and rollers. I have bought the deck paint (white) already, as well as some epoxy, if small holes or knock offs need to be filled.
Lastly, the companionway hatchboards are missing and I build my own. Worked fine for just sailing. For racing, you would need the original, I think.
We have 72 degrees up here! Come on over and get the boat!
Tim