What's new

2020 Laser Performance Race Version Package

DinghyShop

Price $
State
NEW YORK
City
Amityville
We have a limited stock of event 2020 Laser Performance Race Versions available. These boats are in great condition and come with everything you need to get out and sail.

Package Includes:
  • 2020 Laser Performance Hull
  • Standard Rig with MK2 Sail
  • Harken Race Vang, Outhaul, and Cunningham
  • Fiberglass Rudder and Daggerboard
  • Aluminum Tiller and Extension
  • Top Cover
  • Blade Bag
  • Spar Bag
  • NEW Dynamic Beach Dolly
Priced at only $5,495

A Radial or 4.7 rig can be substituted, contact us for more details.

The Dinghy Shop
(631) 264 0005
info@dinghyshop.com

46046A32-9D4E-4CC5-9BE7-09F68AC157B2.jpg

Rob B

The hulls come with The Laser Class sticker, not the ILCA sticker.
For those wondering the ISAF/World Sailing sticker IS the ILCA sticker which IS the Olympic class boat and established class in North America and the rest of the world.

I'm sure these are fine boats and the prices are great. However.....

The boats advertised here will not be legal to sail/race in ILCA sanctioned events but they may be ok at the club level assuming the club and members are ok with it. I recommend checking with those entities if you are interested in racing before you buy one of these LP non-plaque boats.

ILCA District 12 will not allow these boats to sail in our District level events.

Jon L

Good evening, I'm interested, do you have contact with someone who can do the shipping service for me from there to Miami
jon

DinghyShop

The event Lasers are sold out. We should be receiving new Laser Performance Laser Race Versions shortly if anyone is interested. These new boats are $4,995 for a complete Race Version with a Full, Radial, or 4.7 rig.

LaLi

So there was no event.

You do make it clear to your customers that these boats aren't class legal, don't you?

_

torrid

Just sailing
Reiteration of what Rob said above. These are not class legal boats, not for the class youi've known for decades. "The Laser Class" is a European offshoot created by Laser Performance after years of disagreement with the actual class association, ILCA.

Dinghy Shop has every right to sell these boats, but I think buyers need to fully understand what they are getting. You may show up at an ILCA-sanctioned event but not be allowed to participate.

Last edited:

Rob B

Reiteration of what Rob said above. These are not class legal boats, not for the class youi've known for decades. "The Laser Class" is a European offshoot created by Laser Performance after years of disagreement with the actual class association, ILCA.

Dinghy Shop has every right to sell these boats, but I think buyers need to fully understand what they are getting. You may show up at an ILCA-sanctioned event but not be allowed to participate.
What scares my most about this is a new to sailing parent buying one of these for their kid and their kid shows up to a regatta only to be told they can't sail.