2017 Hampton Roads Sunfish Distance Race

Jack

I'd like to invite everyone to come to Norfolk, VA for the 9th running of the Hampton Roads Sunfish Challenge and Dinghy Race! This race is lots of fun!

Here are some pictures published in Spinsheet of a previous year's event : 2015 Hampton Sunfish Challenge - SpinSheet

Here is the Regatta website: sunfish-challenge

There are classes for other dinghies and beach cats too, so please encourage your non-Sunfish friends to come too.

Hope to see you there!

As of now, there are 3 different Sunfish classes: Racing, Recreational, and Tandem. You can pick which class you would like to be a part of. The Recreational fleet is open to any normal Sunfish rig and the Tandem class is for boat with two people on board.
There are at least 3 more local guys who always wait until the last minute to sign up in the racing fleet.

There are 13 Sunfish currently registered with more expected.
The organizer has set up a section of the website under the "more" heading where people can offer to loan a boat, or find a boat to borrow.

I'd like to invite everyone to come to Norfolk, VA for the 9th running of the Hampton Roads Sunfish Challenge and Dinghy Race! This race is lots of fun!

Here are some pictures published in Spinsheet of a previous year's event : 2015 Hampton Sunfish Challenge - SpinSheet

There are classes for other dinghies and beach cats too, so please encourage your non-Sunfish friends to come too.

Hope to see you there!

Hope to see you there!

I know this post was about last years event, but I have heard that they are going to hold it again this September. I doubt that I will have my project Sunfish in the water by then (its going to be a busy Summer); would my Minifish be appropriate?

Back