News 2009 Masters NA's

Rob B

I know, I know it's a weee bit early, but I can't contain myself. Actually, I was asked to get some chatter started on this event and even though I have not been given the full go ahead I just have to spill some of the beans!!!

What? 2009 Masters NA's

When? May 15-17, 2009

Where? CYC-NC Wrightsville Beach, NC, (Yeah Baby You know It!!)

Linky: http://www.ilcana.org/index.php?option=com_helioscal&com=detail&eID=405
(Hope that works).

Without question this is a Masters MUST attend event! Not only for the unbeatable venue, but the competition!!! This event was last held here in May of 2007 drawing the whose, who of our Master Sailors. Tracy Usher, James Liebl, Ari Bashri, (the guy that runs caberet), Ryan Mynth....Just to name a few. I'm betting they will ALL be back!

Whrightsville Beach plain ROCKS for prime ocean laser sailing. The Carolina Yacht Club goes all out for this event and being that it is located on the beach it allows for an open view of the racing. So, if you have family make a beach vacation out of it! Wrightsville Beach is a great family beach! If you need a "weekend away" there are great local bars on the island too.

Don't believe me. Ask the others that have been there and get their opinion. I have not been to Nova Scotia before, but I imagine the sailing conditions are going to be almost mirror image of what you'll see at the Masters Worlds there in August. The timing of the NA's and the venue make it the perfect warm up event for the Worlds.

The NOR is not up yet, but the contact info is on the link provided. Put this on your calendar and stay tuned for more info!!!!!!!!

Back