2006 Worlds Results

Whoa, I went to James Island Yacht Club yesterday to watch the event. 100 tiny sunfish filled the Charleston harbor; it was quite a spectacle. There really isn’t anywhere on land that allows for good viewing, JIYC is at least a mile from the closest boats. Still I got some good pictures using the camera’s zoom. For the most part sail numbers were illegible form the distance, but I’ve attached a picture that shows the boats preparing for the mass start.
1. David Loring, Charleston, SC 10 points
2. Peter Stanton, U.S. Virgin Islands 28 points
3. Tommy Whitehurst, Pensacola, FL 30 points
4. David Mendelblatt, Florid 41 points
5. Martin Willard 42 points
6. Juan Jose Delgado, Guatemala 42 points
7. Greg Gust, Texas 45 points
8. Hugulino Colmenares, Venezuela 53 points
9. Marin Vezina, Canada 64 points
10. Cor van Aanholt, Curacao 66 points
Results are finally coming in, and charleston's own David Loaring is in the lead

Attachments

• genaric.jpg
    genaric.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 56
Whoa, I went to James Island Yacht Club yesterday to watch the event. 100 tiny sunfish filled the Charleston harbor; it was quite a spectacle. There really isn’t anywhere on land that allows for good viewing, JIYC is at least a mile from the closest boats. Still I got some good pictures using the camera’s zoom. For the most part sail numbers were illegible form the distance, but I’ve attached a picture that shows the boats preparing for the mass start.

Nice picture and what a beautiful bridge!

Thanks, fbjru, for the update and photo. 'Must have been pretty awesome sight.

I especially like your avatar. :) (Though now it's taken me two views to finally notice it!)

What can you do for a clonefish logo? (Porpoise-II).

Back