2006 Sunfish Worlds

edesmaison

Hi,

Does anyone know the usual wind speed in Charleston, South Carolina in October, when the Sunfish Worlds will be raced? Sea conditions climate? And also if you are going to race.

Good luck.

We need to get David Loring who lives in the area to give us all a rundown on probable conditions. How 'bout it, David?

I have reserved one of the rooms at the host hotel, but have made other housing arrangements so it is available to someone. Let me know real soon by email ([email protected]) if you want it and we'll work out how to switch names on the reservation.

see ya in Charleston!

Hi:

I live in Charleston and my son, Peter Rupp, will be sailing in the Worlds, David Loring's email address is [email protected]

I will see David this weekend at the Southeast (US) Regional Championship and ask him to look at this forum and try to answer some questions. I know he has been seriously practicing for the Worlds, as have the other four local sailors.

The challenging part of the courses will be the tides and the currents. We do not know exactly where the courses will be set-up but the tides must be dealt with. I believe I have attached, as a Word document, a Charleston tide and current chart for Oct. 1 - 6, 2006. This will give you some idea of what to expect. Winds will most likely be 5 to 15 mph. However, this depends on if there are any hurricanes or tropical storms in the area.

I hope this helps, and I will answer as many other questions as I can. David will be one of your best sources, however.

Frank :)

Attachments

• CharlestonTidesinOctober.doc
    25 KB · Views: 53
I think that this is the first world champ that will be raced with sailors from New Zealand and Uruguay, probably they are form Laser.

Steve Rickerby, the NZ entrant, is currently living in Oklahoma City, altho he is from NZ. So it is something like S. Smuelders representing Curacao when he lives in Rochester, NY.

BB

Steve Rickerby, the NZ entrant, is currently living in Oklahoma City, altho he is from NZ. So it is something like S. Smuelders representing Curacao when he lives in Rochester, NY.

BB

Back