2005 Women's NOR--Revised for Houston

Gail

Notice of Race
United States Sunfish Class Association
Women’s North Americans
October 7 – 9, 2005
Houston Yacht Club, La Porte, Texas

1. Organizing Authority: The organizing authority is the United States Sunfish Class Association (USSCA), US SAILING and the Houston Yacht Club.

2. Rules: The regatta will be governed by the “Racing Rules of Sailing”, the Prescriptions of US Sailing Association (USSA), the International Sunfish Class Association (ISCA), and USSCA.

3. Eligibility: Competitors must be a current member of ISCA, membership can be acquired at Registration, and of the female gender.

4. Entry Fee:
a. Preregistration, if received by September 30, 2005
i. USSA Member: $50.00
ii. Non-USSA Member: $55.00
b. USSCA Member: $60.00
c. Non-USSCA Member: $65.00

5. Schedule
a. Friday, October 7
i. 1500 Hrs: Practice Race
ii. 1900 Hrs: Registration (1 hour) and Welcome Gathering
b. Saturday, October 8
i. 0800 – 0900 Hrs: Registration
ii. 1000 Hrs: Competitors Meeting
iii. 1100 Hrs: Warning Signal First Race
iv. 1830 Hrs: Dinner & Entertainment
c. Sunday, October 9
i. 0900 Hrs: Warning Signal First Race
ii. 1400 Hrs: No Race will Start after 1400 Hrs
iii. Trophy Presentation: ASAP

6. Scoring: Seven (7) races are scheduled. One (1) race will constitute a regatta. If seven (7) races are completed, a competitor's worst scored will be discarded according to Rule A2.

7. Sailing Instructions: Sailing Instructions will be available at the registration desk.

8. Contacts: Host Club: Houston Yacht Club
Office Hours: Wednesday-Saturday (9am - 7pm), Sunday (9am - 6pm)
Telephone (281)471-1255 Fax (281)471-9260 E-Mail [email protected]
P. O. Box 1276, 3620 Miramar Drive, La Porte, Texas 77571

9. Trophies: Trophies will be awards to Top Overall Five, Top Junior, and Top Master. Trophy distribution may be changed at the discretion of HYC.

10. Housing/Hotels: Housing will be available. Reminder: Houston YC has hotel rooms on site. Please contact the HYC office for availability of those rooms. For other housing requests email Joanne Kolius at [email protected]. Housing requests should be submitted by September 20, 2005. Local hotels: information available by request to Joanne Kolius.

11. Boat Charters: A limited of number of boat charters will be available. Contact Joanne Kolius for more information. Charter boat fees will be between the boat owner and the sailor.

Back