2005 USSCA Elections

Gail

The 2005 USSCA Ballot is available for download off the Class home page. www.sunfishclass.org

Just about right in the middle of the page "2005 USSCA Elections."

Thanks to Bishop Stieffel for ongoing support with the web site and to all candidates for office.

Sincerely,

Gail

Gail M. Turluck
Sunfish 24186
USSCA Secretary

After the 2004 elections I made a post to this forum questioning the wisdom of having Mr. and Mrs. Manning as president and treasurer respectively of our association. No disrespect to the Manninngs who are wonderful people, kind to small children and furry animals, and, I am sure, the most brilliant and innovative leaders any class organization could desire. Just a question of appearances and potential conflict of interests.

Now I see from the 2005 ballot that the energetic Mrs Manning is also standing again as Southwest regional representative. While applauding the Mannings' commitment to our class I have to ask whether we really should be expecting so much of them. Would you really want George W. Bush as President with Laura Bush as Attorney General AND Governor of Texas? OK if that sounds good to you just substitute Bill and Hillary.

Come on people - let's have some candidates from outside the first family.

Well, it comes down to who is willing to DO THE WORK, who is willing to give, and who really, truly cares. There are some jobs that we get by with little getting done. Disappointing, yes, but we survive.

There are others where there is work that simply must be done, and that is how we have ended up where we are today. There is so much to keep in ind when making our choices.

What is in the best interest of the Class, for USSCA, NATIONWIDE?

What will be done keeping that NATIONWIDE picture in mind?

Our leaders at the top have that NATIONWIDE focus, and it's ultimately important for the future of our organization.

Back