2005 NA's

I agree with Gail. Lewes is as good as it gets. I hadn't appreciated the point about fitting in with Sat-Sat rental lets before but this just goes to show what a great bunch of people are coordinating and organizing our regattas these days. See you all at the NAs.

Gail said:
Whoever makes the trek will be treated to fantastic facilities, terrific sailing, glorious beaches, a warm welcome, and fair competition. If you're still thinking about it rather than starting to pack, START TO PACK!

With all this encouragement, I guess I 'gotto' go now!

Look for me (way) in the back of the fleet.....

Good luck to all. I'm bummed I can't make it and look out for falling aircraft.

Two pilots die in midair collision
Cape Gazette photo
Dan Cook photo

Members of the Delaware State Police Scuba Unit and other divers from area fire companies enter the water to begin the search for a pilot and his plane. The aircraft went down in the waters between the point at Cape Henlopen, shown in the background, and the Delaware breakwater. Two pilots were killed when their experimental planes collided over the waters near Cape Henlopen State Park and plunged into the Delaware Bay.

dose boys up in delliwayah ah kina slo puttin up da resuhlts fo' da norf amurkins. innybody heah what hoppin today? i don' heah nuffin fum nobuddy. ahd lahk to be deah but de bume nock mah hayah off my hayed ebry tahm ah takk.

Trent Lott said:
dose boys up in delliwayah ah kina slo puttin up da resuhlts fo' da norf amurkins. innybody heah what hoppin today? i don' heah nuffin fum nobuddy. ahd lahk to be deah but de bume nock mah hayah off my hayed ebry tahm ah takk.

Trent - you need to take off your white pointy hat and check out the Lewes YC website. We are having a great time at the NAs and the YC is publishing on the web a daily newsletter with all the really important news about what we are doing here. For example if you go to http://www.lewesyc.com/pages/newsletter/Telltail.pdf you will learn that Commodore Connie Miller jumps into the pool at 8:15 am every morning and bobs around to the strains of "Cheeseburger in Paradise". This amazing sight was worth the regatta fee all by itself. I will try and get a video of this daily ritual later in the week.

Then at http://www.lewesyc.com/pages/newsletter/Telltail2.pdf you can read all about the voyage of the lunch boat where you can learn how we ate three boxes of turkey sandwiches with lettuce and tomato (wow !!!!) and how we sailors are always on the wrong tack for the kids throwing the lunches. How about THAT? Doesn't that make you want to be here?

You just don't get these kind of intimate details on most regatta websites. So quit whining about the lack of results and check out lewesyc.com every day for the real scoop on what's happening in Lewes.

well it's now tin oclock in the mahninng and ah still don' see no resuhlts fo' yestidy on theyah web site.

yankee women jumpin in a pool and adventures on the lunch boat are ahll very nahss but ah would think race resuhlts would be mo' relevent.

Geezer, since you are on-site, could you please ask the powers that be to publish more than the top 36 in the results in the newsletter?? I know they need space for poems and other important stuff, but maybe they can see fit to find a little more space for results!!

And I have to agree with Mr. Lott, they are not so fast updating things. Lots of championships manage to get their scores posted almost real time as the races end. Perhaps there is a fillibuster under way in the scoring room?

BB

beldar boathead said:
Geezer, since you are on-site, could you please ask the powers that be to publish more than the top 36 in the results in the newsletter?? I know they need space for poems and other important stuff, but maybe they can see fit to find a little more space for results!!

And I have to agree with Mr. Lott, they are not so fast updating things. Lots of championships manage to get their scores posted almost real time as the races end. Perhaps there is a fillibuster under way in the scoring room?

BB

Geeze beldarboathead. This is the Sunfish class. What do you expect? If you think you can do better, then offer to run the 2007 NAs yourself.

OK Geezer,

So you were there. How come we didn't meet? I, and some others (ie: tom kat) were speculating. Did you vote? Or were you too busy scoping out the ladies in the pool? We will out you sooner or later geezer.

As far as the lunches, I thought they were pretty good. Unfortunaely, I was unable to resist the urge to get out of dodge on Friday and skipped the lobster dinner. I should have stayed as I got stuck in traffic jams twice for a total of 2 hours of extra driving. How was the banquet...(ie: the eduardo awards?)

Tim

beldar boathead said:

BB

Final results (I am sure the complete results will be somewhere soon)
In the interim, here are the top ten:

Eight races (one throw out):

1: Eduardo Cordero 9
2: David Mendelblatt 17
3: Bob Findlay 49
4: Todd Edwards 54
5: Dirk Resler 61
6: Conner Blouin 63
7: Chip Clifton 64
8: Bill Brangiforte 70
9: Richard Chapman 70
10: Paul-Jon Patin 71

A wonderful regatta, top-notch organization; worth every penny.

Wavedancer
(whose score shall remain a secret)

beldar boathead said:
So no racing on Friday?? Did thunderstorms come through? BB

Correct. First, there was fog coming in from the water/Delaware Bay which necessitated a one hour postponement. But as soon as we were on the water, we were sent back to the beach because a very local thunderstorm had developed. This one hung just hung around on the radar screen and around 1:30 PM, the PRO decided to call it quits. Very few, if any, disagreed, because the prospects for getting a race in were dim by that time and it had started to drizzle (and there was no wind to speak of).
Most people were happy to have had two days with excellent racing under a variety of conditions. On Tue and Wed we were on the water from roughly 10 AM until 6 PM.

Connie Miller, the Commodore, mentioned that these weather conditions were extremely unusual for this time of the year.

I have to agree with Jacob that the racing was done quite well and there was wind throughout the low to mid spectrum so everyone but the fattest guys had optimum conditions at some point. The line bias was a bit extreme at times, but it made it challenging to fight for the favored end..very favored end that is. I had a really nice time and met a TON of nice people.

Now, I know there were a few CD's with pictures floating around post regatta. Anyone know if the pics are posted or who has the pics?

Congrats to Lewes YC for running a fantastic NA Championship and also to Tim P and Joe S from this forum for their excellent results. It was a pleasure to meet up with so many old friends and also finally see folk from this forum who I had only met online before. And once again Eduardo outsailed us all.

Sorry Cindy - I knew you were mistaken when you said, "See you on the 16th." Who is the other old geezer that you have been flirting with? Does Mike know?

Back