Class Politics 200,000 Lasers and Counting!

SFBayLaser

In the Fall of this past year the Laser Class Office in England issued the first set of plaques with sail numbers over 200,000! In addition, I believe the first boats with sail numbers above this milestone have shipped and may already be sailing.

200,000 Lasers built since 1971 is certainly a momentous occasion and to help celebrate it the Laser Class (ILCA) have arranged a contest where you can win the complete Laser with sail number 200000, in the rig of your choice!

Entering the contest is simple: you need to be a Laser Class member and you need to be able to answer one simple question: who designed the Laser?

The details and entry form will be available on the international class site soon.

While only one Laser Class member will win hull #200000, runner's up will receive the rights to sail numbers 200003-200010.

Note that this is a VERY good reason to join, or renew, the Laser Class now! If you are in North American Region you can join easily online!

Sounds good.

Question: Who is providing the Laser (Class Association buying it or builders supplying it to encourage class membership) ?

(I suppose I (and others) are often pretty critical of builders so it would be good to know if they are doing something positive).

Ian

Sounds good.

Question: Who is providing the Laser (Class Association buying it or builders supplying it to encourage class membership) ?

(I suppose I (and others) are often pretty critical of builders so it would be good to know if they are doing something positive).

Ian

Its a cooperative effort, ILCA is buying boat #200000 from the builders, they are giving ILCA a special price. But, of course, it does depend on what region the winner lives in.

Hi,
although I don't think I would win anything, I have 2 questions for a better understanding:

Does ILCA guarantee the privacy of the adress and telephone informations? If I sign up to this lottery, I don't want to get advertising-calls from extern callcenters later on.

At the terms and conditions is written:
"13.The winner is responsible for collecting or transporting the boat from the manufacturer."

This means to me: extra costs to get the prize, correct (Does the prize will be delivered by the regional authorized LP Laser store or has one to manage the delivering oneself)?

Ciao and good luck
LooserLu

I thought it's better to ask here, first. Other reader perhaps have the same questions or are not aware about those questions, I wrote. Also, as perhaps you know, I have some heavy disputes with Jeff Martin and Heini Wellman. I bet, if "I" write an email to the ILCA Office (= Jeff Martin), I never get any helpful answer. So, I thought perhaps other authorized ILCA members of the board are able to serious answer, here.

Back