2 ?'s 1st of many

Slayer

Hello all,

Purchased a laser at the end of last sailing season. Took it out a couple of times and now its FINALLY that time of year again. I have three quick questions before I run out to West Marine for some silicone.

I am replacing my old rubber dagger board friction pad with an Mk2. With the old pad, I didn't have a problem with my board popping up, but it would slide back down when I wanted it to stay up while sailing downwind.

The MK2 has oval screw holes that allows adjustment. I don't want to keep screwing and unskrewing it to accomodate adjustments. What is the best method to determine it is positioned right before screwing it down?

Question2 The bottom of the hull is pretty scratched up. What is the best product to get it like new again. Scratches aren't too deep but go through the gell coat. Also there i one spot where there is a divite that goes through to the core.

I know I should have spent more time searching here before asking these questions. Sorry,,,being lazy and rushing out. I will also take the time to post an intro later this weekend.

Back