2 quick questions

Ninja_sailer

Im new so bare with me. I own a 76 sunfish and want to install a hiking strap. How do I mount the end of the hiking strap to the rear if I have a storage area? Is it ok to just screw it into the fiberglass with no backing plat?

I want to replace the aluminum trip with the rubrail sold at APS. Is this what this is for? Is there anything cheaper I could use? I figure some rubber can keep the water away from the seal better then aluminum.

thanks!

The rub rail APS is selling is for the newer boats with the rolled rail. Installing the aft part of the strap just bolt thru the cubby lip.

I want to replace the aluminum trip with the rubrail sold at APS. Is this what this is for? Is there anything cheaper I could use? I figure some rubber can keep the water away from the seal better then aluminum.

thanks!
Don't replace the aluminum trim. You don't need to keep water away from the hull/deck joint - its waterproof. If the seam gets cracked, you need to repair it, not cover it over with rubber. The boat will be just fine if you leave the aluminum trim. BB

Back