What's new

1995 Laser full; ready to sail

kpriester

Price $
State
FLORIDA
This is a 1995 Laser sailboat in great condition and ready to take out on the water. It is perfect for an easy day sail with one or two people, or even to race at beginners regattas.

What is included:
*hull
*lower mast section
*upper mast section (full rig)
*boom
*2 daggerboards
*rudder
*tiller/tiller extension
*3 sails (full rig)
*boom vang
*lines
*zhik hiking strap
*bottom cover
Photos at (Laser (dingy) - boats - by owner - marine sale)

Last edited:

LaLi

Good that you included a picture of the transom code in the Craigslist ad. SLIF6614A595 means that the boat was built by Sunfish Laser (not LaserPerformance), its sail number is 156614 (the sail with 115159 is from an '84 boat), and it was built in August 1995 (not '97). You probably want to change the information to match the facts :rolleyes:

_

Optimist4laser

what is the difference between laser performance build and sunfish laser, do they have the same specs dimensions? sorry for the stupid question. I just started learning laser boats.

Optimist4laser

I am starting to look for a used laser boat, any links so I can use to look up hull years, sail years as well as manufacturers?thanks a lot.

LaLi

what is the difference between laser performance build and sunfish laser, do they have the same specs dimensions? sorry for the stupid question.
All Lasers/ILCAs ever built have come from the original moulds or copies thereof. It's always fun to compare the different builders, but the actual differences between their products are vanishingly small - the main ones between an LP and an SLI hull are age and colour. Most equipment other than the hull itself have changed somewhat during the years, though, but that's another story.

The worst that can happen when asking a "stupid" question is getting a stupid answer :D

any links so I can use to look up hull years, sail years as well as manufacturers?
"The List": How Old is my Laser? - International Laser Class Association
Interpreting a North American hull ID: Laser Serial Hull Number Identification (The link is on the front page on the right.)

(This shouldn't probably be in the "for sale" section :oops: )

_

Optimist4laser

All Lasers/ILCAs ever built have come from the original moulds or copies thereof. It's always fun to compare the different builders, but the actual differences between their products are vanishingly small - the main ones between an LP and an SLI hull are age and colour. Most equipment other than the hull itself have changed somewhat during the years, though, but that's another story.

The worst that can happen when asking a "stupid" question is getting a stupid answer :D

"The List": How Old is my Laser? - International Laser Class Association
Interpreting a North American hull ID: Laser Serial Hull Number Identification (The link is on the front page on the right.)

(This shouldn't probably be in the "for sale" section :oops: )

_
Thank you very much LaLi. Your reply is very helpful.