1988 14' Hobie Holder Centerboard Bracket Repair

mattizzo

Hi all,

I have an '88 Hobie Holder that I'm in the process of restoring. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with the centerboard bracket that fixes the centerboard to the cut-out. Currently, my bracket is gone and I can't locate the specs anywhere so I can either order a replacement or fab one myself in the machine shop (I am an engineer by trade). I realize it's an older boat so replacement parts are probably not very available. However, I cannot seem to find any specs online from Hobie regarding the dimensions or any detailed part drawings, etc. So my current plan is just to estimate based off the thread spacing and see what I can do. If anyone had any experience with Hobie Holders or knows where I could get more information about the part specs, which probably exist in some forum somewhere, or have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it very much!

Thank you,

Matt

Hi all,

I have an '88 Hobie Holder that I'm in the process of restoring. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with the centerboard bracket that fixes the centerboard to the cut-out. Currently, my bracket is gone and I can't locate the specs anywhere so I can either order a replacement or fab one myself in the machine shop (I am an engineer by trade). I realize it's an older boat so replacement parts are probably not very available. However, I cannot seem to find any specs online from Hobie regarding the dimensions or any detailed part drawings, etc. So my current plan is just to estimate based off the thread spacing and see what I can do. If anyone had any experience with Hobie Holders or knows where I could get more information about the part specs, which probably exist in some forum somewhere, or have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it very much!

Thank you,

Matt
Hi Matt,

I had a guy email saying that he bought some stuff from you recently. Have you sold anything on here recently? I’m not convinced that he is legit.

Thanks for your help.

Back