What's new

1986 J24 #4179 For Sale $6,000 obo - SUNY Maritime College, New York City area

State
NEW YORK
Fresh from the 2019 J24 Nationals in Rochester “Dark Horse” is a 1986 J24 that is ready to win races or cruise. Boat has:
  • Full deck cover
  • Recent measurement certificate
  • Good running rigging
  • Complete set of sails (main, jib, genoa and spinnaker)
  • Spinnaker pole
  • Cushions.
  • Bottom prepared with barrier coat ready for whatever type of bottom paint the next owner prefers.
A trailer, outboard motor and additional sails are not included but can be purchased separately.

About the J/24 Class
The J/24 class has more than 50,000 participants and 5,500 boats worldwide; in nearly 40 countries with well over 150 active fleets, and is still considered the "gold standard" for modern one-design keelboats around the world. It is the world's most popular One-Design keelboat as measured by hulls produced.

For questions or additional information contact:
Rob Crafa, Waterfront Director
SUNY Maritime College
Ph: 718-409-7460; E-mail: rcrafa@sunymaritime.edu

Specifications, Equipment and Information:

Dimensions

LOA: 24 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Hull weight: 3,100 lbs.

Accommodations
Number of single berths: 3
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 0
Cockpit Seating Capacity: 4
Hull
  • Fiberglass
  • White gel coat

Keel
  • Lead ballast encased in a fiberglass shell
  • Stainless steel keel bolts and nuts
Rudder
  • Spade design
  • Laminated fiberglass
  • Tiller is varnished wood
Interior
  • Sleeping accommodations for four - a forward v-berth, two long quarter berths
  • A galley cabinet with a sink is located on the starboard side aft of the main bulkhead
Spars and Rigging
  • Mast, boom, and spinnaker are aluminum
Electrical and Mechanical
  • None
IMG_0642.JPGIMG_20191011_122411546_HDR.jpgIMG_20191011_122537215_HDR.jpgIMG_20191011_122753993_HDR.jpgIMG_20191011_123041417.jpgAdditional Equipment
  • Full Deck Cover
  • Swim ladder
  • Safety gear - lifejackets, anchor, rode & chain, dock lines & fenders
  • A trailer, outboard motor and additional sails are not included but can be purchased separately

Pierson

What a coincidence I've found this add! Its a great boat. I sailed on it with John at RYC. I remember he did a lot of good work to it.
I was wondering what happened to it after he gave it back.

Ive actually applied to SUNY Maritime. Hopefully my application gets accepted. I think it's a cool school.