1984 Full Rig Laser + 2012 Optiparts dolly - will negotiate

Thread starter #1
Price $
State
OHIO
City
Cleveland suburb
Well used but fast boat, ready to sail as is. Hull has scratches but no damage or cracks - bilge is dry, no water in it during the 5 seasons I sailed it - and still has a faint fiberglass smell. Deck and mast step were damaged by 2nd (of 4) owners. Mast step repair is not pretty, but is sturdy and holds mast steady in good winds. Deck bow was cracked, and came off in my hands on second sail - I used a fiberglass kit to reattach it. It could be sanded and painted if desired (I didn't care how it looks and was too busy sailing!). Repair is very strong and boat is easily lifted by the bow. Otherwise, deck is solid with NO soft spots. Sail and most rigging were new in 2012. Sail is from Intensity Sails - not certified for competitive racing. It has some minor mildew spots but holds a great shape and has little wear. Boat has been stored in garage in winter and under cover otherwise when not sailing.

Sail number: 115264.

Features and included accessories:
- Tiller replaced in 2014 with Optiparts WinDesign - 3 foot tiller with 3 foot extension on elastic swivel (original tiller is included as a spare).
- Ritchie Navigator floating compass - mounted on foam block via velcro strips on bottom of foam and deck
- C-Vane wind indicator - received as a gift before my back started acting up - unopened in original packaging.
- Harken metal clew sleeve & hook (but also kept the fabric/velcro clew sleeve so you have your choice of which to use).
- 1984 centerboard and wood rudder both in great shape and make a nice hum when up on a plane (at about 7 knots of wind with a waxed hull and my 220 lbs.)
- Sail bag that also holds all rigging, too.
- Mainsheet is like new and is tough, stiff, but soft and easy on hands.
- The Laser Book, by Tim Davison - Fifth Edition 2012 reprint of 2009 edition
- RYA Laser Handbook by Paul Goodison - 2008 edition

I'm getting rid of this boat because my back is suffering from car-topping it, and my Hobie Getaway is faster and usually more fun anyway on Lake Erie. But I'll miss it - it's been a good little boat. Registration expires in 2021 in Ohio. If you're an Ohioan, you can transfer the registration for $5. The boat does not have a title - none is required in Ohio for boats under 14 feet. This boat also qualifies for a historical registration - $25 for the rest of the owner's life - since it's now more than 25 years old.

Pictures attached. More available upon request.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter #2
Well used but fast boat, ready to sail as is. Hull has scratches but no damage or cracks - bilge is dry, no water in it during the 5 seasons I sailed it - and still has a faint fiberglass smell. Deck and mast step were damaged by 2nd (of 4) owners. Mast step repair is not pretty, but is sturdy and holds mast steady in good winds. Deck bow was cracked, and came off in my hands on second sail - I used a fiberglass kit to reattach it. It could be sanded and painted if desired (I didn't care how it looks and was too busy sailing!). Repair is very strong and boat is easily lifted by the bow. Otherwise, deck is solid with NO soft spots. Sail and most rigging were new in 2012. Sail is from Intensity Sails - not certified for competitive racing. It has some minor mildew spots but holds a great shape and has little wear. Boat has been stored in garage in winter and under cover otherwise when not sailing.

Sail number: 115264.

Features and included accessories:
- Tiller replaced in 2014 with Optiparts WinDesign - 3 foot tiller with 3 foot extension on elastic swivel (original tiller is included as a spare).
- Ritchie Navigator floating compass - mounted on foam block via velcro strips on bottom of foam and deck
- C-Vane wind indicator - received as a gift before my back started acting up - unopened in original packaging.
- Harken metal clew sleeve & hook (but also kept the fabric/velcro clew sleeve so you have your choice of which to use).
- 1984 centerboard and wood rudder both in great shape and make a nice hum when up on a plane (at about 7 knots of wind with a waxed hull and my 220 lbs.)
- Sail bag that also holds all rigging, too.
- Mainsheet is like new and is tough, stiff, but soft and easy on hands.
- The Laser Book, by Tim Davison - Fifth Edition 2012 reprint of 2009 edition
- RYA Laser Handbook by Paul Goodison - 2008 edition

I'm getting rid of this boat because my back is suffering from car-topping it, and my Hobie Getaway is faster and usually more fun anyway on Lake Erie. But I'll miss it - it's been a good little boat. Registration expires in 2021 in Ohio. If you're an Ohioan, you can transfer the registration for $5. The boat does not have a title - none is required in Ohio for boats under 14 feet. This boat also qualifies for a historical registration - $25 for the rest of the owner's life - since it's now more than 25 years old.

Pictures attached. More available upon request.
Price has been reduced.