1983 Laser Rainbow deck

gibsailor

I recently picked up an old laser with a rainbow sail and the same rainbow across the deck. Have not confirmed but i believe it was manufactured in 1983. Was this standard or did someone paint the deck like this?

That will be a Super Laser from the early 80's

There were a number of different pattern stickers used on the stripe on the deck depending on the "special edition" of the Laser being made. I know some sailors didn't like them because there was no non-slip where the sticker went aft of the mast and the deck was slippery when the sailor was sitting right up forward in light airs!

Attachments

• Super Lasers Brochure .jpg
    Super Lasers Brochure .jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Laser 109082 Wildfire hull A.jpg
    Laser 109082 Wildfire hull A.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 178

There were a number of different pattern stickers used on the stripe on the deck depending on the "special edition" of the Laser being made. I know some sailors didn't like them because there was no non-slip where the sticker went aft of the mast and the deck was slippery when the sailor was sitting right up forward in light airs!
Thanks Horizon. Are the Super Laser series different dimensions than the standard Laser class? I have been sailing Lasers most of my life and have not run across any like this.

Attachments

• Rainbow Laser.jpg
    Rainbow Laser.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 212
Are the Super Laser series different dimensions than the standard Laser class?
No. The boat was exactly the same as a normal Laser - just with the sticker on the deck. But still fully class legal, as was the sail.

Your boat and sail looks in good condition. Enjoy your time in her !

I have exactly the same Laser except mine is a 82' model. From what I could find with my serial number, I believe mine was made in Canada.
It's possible to paint the hull, I sure did. Keep an eye on the seam between the top deck and bottom. The good news is those boats have a strong mast step, but the top deck can separate from the top of the dagger board trunk.

I have an ‘82 Super Laser with the stripes. In really good shape as it’s been stored inside for the past 25 years, and only use 5 times over that period of time. I’d consider selling if somebody was interested?

I have an ‘82 Super Laser with the stripes. In really good shape as it’s been stored inside for the past 25 years, and only use 5 times over that period of time. I’d consider selling if somebody was interested?
Hi, I'm looking for a Laser. Is it still available?

In '94-'96 I sailed a rainbow Laser out of Milwaukee- it had the rainbow on the sail but then the rainbow stripes were on the side of the hull instead of on the deck, if I remember correctly. Maybe one of you all is sailing the one I had :) The other kids in sailing school used to make fun of it and call my boat Rainbow Brite.

Hi,
I have been searching for a wildfire or quicksilver laser for years, and never have seen an actual picture of one until I saw the image you attached. Do you own this boat or know who does?

Hi,
I have been searching for a wildfire or quicksilver laser for years, and never have seen an actual picture of one until I saw the image you attached. Do you own this boat or know who does?
I have a wildfire sail. Unfortunately the stickers were pulled off my boat before I bought it

OMG! I’ve always wanted a rainbow sail, but those flame ones could be even radder!

sails are so bloody boring now!

Back