What's new

1983 J/24 #3732 For Sale in Seattle, WA

nojan

State
WASHINGTON
For sale is J/24 #3732 located in Seattle, WA. I have owned this boat since 2006 and I've put upgrades into her every year because it's been fun and not that expensive. I'm leaving Seattle for a few years and I don't want the boat to just sit around. Over the years we've added a lot of bells-and-whistles. Race ready, stored on the hard each winter, fresh water sailed on Lake Washington for the majority of the last 14 years (excluding regattas), with a current Measurement Certificate for the boat and all sails measured in 2019. You can put her on the race course and join the most competitive fleet in the nation next spring. Asking $4000 (No Trailer, no motor) or best offer; Trailer and motor options negotiable as well (See bottom).

Some of the equipment and boat highlights from over the years (Lots of go-fast stuff, plus all the goodies you need to be competitive):
* New rudder (Waterline systems) 2018
* New standing rigging (new Ronstan adjustable turnbuckles, new adjustable forestay) 2018
* Hull repainted 2017, no marks on the hull with the exception of class stickers on the transom,
* Mast upgraded with modern, thru-bolted spreader bar, new spreaders,
* Harken 32s, serviced twice a year (secondary winches removed)
* Stanchions all have class legal backing plates. Chain plates have class legal backing plates,
* Racing motor mount
* Interlux Baltoplate bottom. Keel repainted 2018
* Keel faired by CSR in Seattle to exact, class legal template
* Keel sump rebuilt, all vermiculite remote, lifting bar installed
* Lifting strap and lines specifically measured by us for this boat for quick and easy hauling (Can launch the boat with a crane in just minutes)
* Integral mast-butt adjuster installed
* New lifelines 2016
* Racing Main with approximately 2 months club racing and 2 regattas, in great shape (Main traveller is harken windward sheeting),
* Racing Genoa with 1 regatta,
* Club Genoa for weeknight racing (Genoa track has been upgraded to include intermediate holes for exact car adjustment),
* Club Spinnaker for weeknight racing, has multiple regattas (Both light air and regular sheets for the spinnaker),
* New Jib with 1 race total,
* A number of older genoas and spinnakers for practicing,
* Velocitek GPS and Start Timer
* Rudder cover; Keel Cover, Winch covers.
* Trailer option comes with tie-down straps, trailer manual, wheel chocks, tongue lock and other goodies.

Optionally available:
* Choice of older dual axle trailer for $500 or 2012 Triad Tandem trailer with LED Lights, Disc brakes, spare tire, boarding ladder for $2300.
* 2006 Tohatsu 2-stroke, 3.5 horsepower "race" motor available with the sale for $500 (Race == Class legal minimum weight; designed to fit and secured in port settee), motor is in great shape and has been professionally services every two years,
* Gin pole specifically designed for J/24 by Keith Wittmore (Aluminum body, dyneema lines and harken blocks, make stepping the mast a breeze even with just two people) $400

Reality Corner, what are some of the big defects (In the sprit of full disclosure on a 1983 boat):
* There's some damage to the port pushpit stanchion base, needs to be filled and faired. Letting some water into the port lazerette but otherwise okay.
* The front hatch is in once piece, not cracked, but it's original and it has a leak from hatch bolts. We've rebuilt the interior wooden hatches underneath, but a new deck hatch is needed eventually.
* I'm not too happy with the kiwigrip deck paint we applied in 2015, it's still slippery when the boat is very wet, needs to be upgraded at some point.
* Some deck hardware has leaked, we've rebeded whenever we've found these, you will have to judge for yourself.
* I want to upgrade the mast and boom in the future, while in good shape, the mast is not as stiff as a new mast, it seems to be okay on the Lake, not so great in windy locales.

You can have a turnkey, class certified and race ready J/24, with the excellent 2012 trailer, a great Tohatsu motor, the Gin pole if you want to travel, or choose the older trailer, skip the motor and gin pole for much less, or make me an offer on some combination of the above.

Thanks!

Attachments

shepherdsond

For sale is J/24 #3732 located in Seattle, WA. I have owned this boat since 2006 and I've put upgrades into her every year because it's been fun and not that expensive. I'm leaving Seattle for a few years and I don't want the boat to just sit around. Over the years we've added a lot of bells-and-whistles. Race ready, stored on the hard each winter, fresh water sailed on Lake Washington for the majority of the last 14 years (excluding regattas), with a current Measurement Certificate for the boat and all sails measured in 2019. You can put her on the race course and join the most competitive fleet in the nation next spring. Asking $4000 (No Trailer, no motor) or best offer; Trailer and motor options negotiable as well (See bottom).

Some of the equipment and boat highlights from over the years (Lots of go-fast stuff, plus all the goodies you need to be competitive):
* New rudder (Waterline systems) 2018
* New standing rigging (new Ronstan adjustable turnbuckles, new adjustable forestay) 2018
* Hull repainted 2017, no marks on the hull with the exception of class stickers on the transom,
* Mast upgraded with modern, thru-bolted spreader bar, new spreaders,
* Harken 32s, serviced twice a year (secondary winches removed)
* Stanchions all have class legal backing plates. Chain plates have class legal backing plates,
* Racing motor mount
* Interlux Baltoplate bottom. Keel repainted 2018
* Keel faired by CSR in Seattle to exact, class legal template
* Keel sump rebuilt, all vermiculite remote, lifting bar installed
* Lifting strap and lines specifically measured by us for this boat for quick and easy hauling (Can launch the boat with a crane in just minutes)
* Integral mast-butt adjuster installed
* New lifelines 2016
* Racing Main with approximately 2 months club racing and 2 regattas, in great shape (Main traveller is harken windward sheeting),
* Racing Genoa with 1 regatta,
* Club Genoa for weeknight racing (Genoa track has been upgraded to include intermediate holes for exact car adjustment),
* Club Spinnaker for weeknight racing, has multiple regattas (Both light air and regular sheets for the spinnaker),
* New Jib with 1 race total,
* A number of older genoas and spinnakers for practicing,
* Velocitek GPS and Start Timer
* Rudder cover; Keel Cover, Winch covers.
* Trailer option comes with tie-down straps, trailer manual, wheel chocks, tongue lock and other goodies.

Optionally available:
* Choice of older dual axle trailer for $500 or 2012 Triad Tandem trailer with LED Lights, Disc brakes, spare tire, boarding ladder for $2300.
* 2006 Tohatsu 2-stroke, 3.5 horsepower "race" motor available with the sale for $500 (Race == Class legal minimum weight; designed to fit and secured in port settee), motor is in great shape and has been professionally services every two years,
* Gin pole specifically designed for J/24 by Keith Wittmore (Aluminum body, dyneema lines and harken blocks, make stepping the mast a breeze even with just two people) $400

Reality Corner, what are some of the big defects (In the sprit of full disclosure on a 1983 boat):
* There's some damage to the port pushpit stanchion base, needs to be filled and faired. Letting some water into the port lazerette but otherwise okay.
* The front hatch is in once piece, not cracked, but it's original and it has a leak from hatch bolts. We've rebuilt the interior wooden hatches underneath, but a new deck hatch is needed eventually.
* I'm not too happy with the kiwigrip deck paint we applied in 2015, it's still slippery when the boat is very wet, needs to be upgraded at some point.
* Some deck hardware has leaked, we've rebeded whenever we've found these, you will have to judge for yourself.
* I want to upgrade the mast and boom in the future, while in good shape, the mast is not as stiff as a new mast, it seems to be okay on the Lake, not so great in windy locales.

You can have a turnkey, class certified and race ready J/24, with the excellent 2012 trailer, a great Tohatsu motor, the Gin pole if you want to travel, or choose the older trailer, skip the motor and gin pole for much less, or make me an offer on some combination of the above.

Thanks!
I am very interested, live in Portland. Can we talk?
David
503 756 8329

Tide Eyed

Any chance you can forward or post images of the Gin Pole setup?
I need to make one for mine and I'm always looking for input and tricks.
Thanks,
Have a great day !

nojan

Is this still for sale? Looking to put boat in Fleet in Sandpoint, ID and race in region.
We have an interested buyer, coming to look at her Saturday. Let me know , you can be second in line? email me at nojan at Mac dot com