2fish4me

Price $
State
MARYLAND
City
Baltimore
Serial #: AMF89597 M 81 D

INCLUDES:
Hull, rudder, daggerboard, AND mast & sail (sail BRAND NEW, never used...extremely hard to find this rig).
SS1 copy.png
SS3.png

Hull is in decent condition, but repairs that were started need to be finished. I prepped/sanded, but the hull needs epoxy touch-ups and painting.
Four inspection ports installed.
I wanted to fully restore and sail this boat, but life got in the way. It's a rare find. And it's been sitting and sitting. I'd rather she be in the hands of someone who will sail her.

Length: 15 ft
Beam: 4 ft 1"
More specs: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/super-sunfish

No shipping, no delivery. Local pickup only. Boat weighs ~130 lbs...can be put on a roof rack that can handle that amount of weight.

ABOUT THE SS:
The Super Sunfish was available from 1974 to 1984. AMF marketed this more conventional sail plan as a performance version of the Sunfish in an attempt to compete with, among others, the newly emerging Laser. Portsmouth handicap numbers, however, place the Laser slightly faster. With its hard chine hull, the Super Sunfish is the more stable boat so it's a tradeoff between the two designs.

The Super Sunfish was offered as a complete package and as a kit to retrofit existing lateen-rigged Sunfish. The literature points out the sail systems can be easily swapped on a single Sunfish hull to accommodate different sailors' preferences.
supersunfish.jpg

BEFORE INSPECTION PORTS WERE INSTALLED:
SS_Before.JPG

AFTER PORTS INSTALLED:
Super Sunfish Ports In copy.JPG

INTERIOR:
SS_Interior.JPG

HULL REPAIRS STARTED/NOT FINISHED:
SS7.png

Data Sheet:
Super-Sunfish-Sail-Data_1.jpg