1978 tiller snapped

Hey all! My first post here. I recently bought an older classic Laser with wood dagger board and wood rudder with a wood tiller. The tiller snapped at the rudder head today and would like to get advice if a new aluminum or carbon fiber tiller will fit the old rudder head. I believe it’s universal but will a Gorilla new tiller fit the old head?

The rudder head is something that basically hasn't changed on the Laser... ever. The aluminium casting at the back end of the Gorilla should fit them all. And while you're at it, get a good length extension as well. The originals were way too short (it should be longer than the tiller).

Wooden tillers were still standard in the early 1980s, but the foils were changed to foam in '75 or '76, at least on European and North American boats. What's your sail number? (It's embossed on the hull, either as part of a code on the transom, or under the bow eye.)

_

The rudder head is something that basically hasn't changed on the Laser... ever. The aluminium casting at the back end of the Gorilla should fit them all. And while you're at it, get a good length extension as well. The originals were way too short (it should be longer than the tiller).

Wooden tillers were still standard in the early 1980s, but the foils were changed to foam in '75 or '76, at least on European and North American boats. What's your sail number? (It's embossed on the hull, either as part of a code on the transom, or under the bow eye.)

_
Thank you so much! Great advice I appreciate it. The sail number is PFS129020174

Wow that is awesome!!! Thank you so much whoever you are! I know a lot were made mustard color there at that time, but around 13:55 in the Ian video, I might see it. So cool!! How did you find that you magician you lol?!??

Back