What's new

1977 Sunfish for sale

Greggwhip

Price $
State
MICHIGAN
City
Grand Blanc
This is a racer in exceptional condition. 128 Lbs. Dolly. Fish Worlds racing sail like new. White racing sail. New daggerboard. Dacron cover. Located Grand Blanc Michigan. 810 624 3515.

Gail

Weston, look into Greater Detroit Sunfish Club and/ or other fleets in Michigan. Welcome!

Reactions: tag

Weston

Weston, look into Greater Detroit Sunfish Club and/ or other fleets in Michigan. Welcome!
Thank you, Gail. Quick question for you. Greg’s sunfish is race ready. Can I reuse the numbers on the sail? Is there something I need to do to register them in my name now if I want to participate in any races?

Gail

If you only sail local events the number is fine. If you want to sail Region, Masters, North American events, then you would need to join the Class. If you can have Gregg release the sail number to you, it can be reassigned. Otherwise, the Class will assign a new number.

Most regatta hosts overlook incorrect sail numbers. (Officially not supposed to but ...) If Gregg showed up with another boat with "his" number, though, you'd have to change. If you don't get his number released to you, when you get a new sail, then put on your "Class" sail number.