What's new

1977 J24 parts available

USA78

I've parting out an older J24 and have various parts still available including:

Trailer - Single axle, new axle, wheels/tires, lights in 2014.
Lazarette covers
Cabinet doors
Mast base
Bow hatch
various pieces of wood.
Blocks, cleats, tracks.
Pushpit
Running rigging

Anything else, just ask.
Do you have a windward sheeting car? Thx

Lreuther

I've parting out an older J24 and have various parts still available including:

Trailer - Single axle, new axle, wheels/tires, lights in 2014.
Lazarette covers
Cabinet doors
Mast base
Bow hatch
various pieces of wood.
Blocks, cleats, tracks.
Pushpit
Running rigging

Anything else, just ask.
How much for the Z mainsail?

ekalvins

USA78 - No windward sheeting car.
Lreuther - The Z mainsail has quite a bit more use on it now, mostly only suitable for club racing/cruising/practice at this point.

ProATC

Do you still have parts....and if so I need the acrylic to the main hatch. Thanks
What do you mean by "the acrylic to the main hatch" ???? What part of the main hatch, and what type of hatch, newer or older style (dual sliding or newer fixed hood with only one sliding part)???

ProATC

Ahhh, the companion way cover (that's what I call it, not sure that is the actual technical name for it)! Didn't know they made them out of acrylic (I have a 1980 model that came with wood). I actually made a new one out of a piece of 3/4 'wood, don't need that much, and I'm sure a local lumber yard might be able to get you a nice piece for cheap. I traced the old one on a piece of 3/4" (maybe 5/8", can't be sure), used a jigsaw, sanded to my liking, added some varnish and the locking clasp, and.....BAM! :cool: If you don't have one to trace, shouldn't be that difficult to take off the vertical trim pieces it slides behind, trace or make measurements and cut out, if you have the time, of course! I actually replaced all 3 trim pieces in your first picture in the same grain (went a little ADD on that project) but it looks nicer than the sun-baked pieces. I wonder if I should start making more and selling them? The trim pieces are easy to install with the screws and some 4200! Wonder if there is a market for that? Best and Skål!

Capecodrjp

Ahhh, the companion way cover (that's what I call it, not sure that is the actual technical name for it)! Didn't know they made them out of acrylic (I have a 1980 model that came with wood). I actually made a new one out of a piece of 3/4 'wood, don't need that much, and I'm sure a local lumber yard might be able to get you a nice piece for cheap. I traced the old one on a piece of 3/4" (maybe 5/8", can't be sure), used a jigsaw, sanded to my liking, added some varnish and the locking clasp, and.....BAM! :cool: If you don't have one to trace, shouldn't be that difficult to take off the vertical trim pieces it slides behind, trace or make measurements and cut out, if you have the time, of course! I actually replaced all 3 trim pieces in your first picture in the same grain (went a little ADD on that project) but it looks nicer than the sun-baked pieces. I wonder if I should start making more and selling them? The trim pieces are easy to install with the screws and some 4200! Wonder if there is a market for that? Best and Skål!
Oh wow...that's a great idea!! My son and his wife just purchased the boat and she broke the acrylic companion way cover....( I didn't know what it was called)...and unfortunately lost it...have no idea how I did that so I'm try to find a replacement. I've never been sailing... I'll suggest it to my son. And there is a market for everything!! Thank you!!!