1974 restoration finally complete

Congratilations, I just brought home a 1977. I unfortunatly can't open your pics.. not sure why. If you have a quick list of the references that helped most, It would be great to have a list available.

I have only sailed a sailfish many years ago - I am excited to be going back to sailing..
congratulations again on completing your project.

-joe-

Hey Joe, I'm not exactly sure where to start....I think pictures seem to be the best way. Then you can expect folks who know more than I to direct you to the vast sea of very helpful threads.
First though... sizing up the areas that need a plan of action will become more apparent the more you dig into this forum...and your "new" boat.
Cost can not be overlooked...time as well as money may prove (as it did with my project) that "restoring" a boat verses making adequate repairs for sailing, may cost more than buying a nice used "turn key" boat .
Having said that ....you are in the right place! Everything I did right was the result of the resources found and pointed out in this forum.
Good luck and start shoving pictures at us! :)
Eric

Thank you very much.. i saw your pictures and the boat looks incredible. congratulations.. I will be taking to boat out on long island sound for the first time this afternoon, I've only regularly sailed sailfish before... I will definitely be in the forum often - there does seem to be a lot on knowledgeable, helpful, and most important, patient threads..

thanks again, and I love what you did with your boat
-joe-

Back