1966 Sunfish

chrispbrady

How much flex is acceptable? I would say the hull gives about .5" forward of the cockpit rest of hull seems in good shape. Other than that one minor ding that needs some fiberglass love. Old style rudder, but in good condition. How much would you pay.

How much flex is acceptable? I would say the hull gives about .5" forward of the cockpit rest of hull seems in good shape. Other than that one minor ding that needs some fiberglass love. Old style rudder, but in good condition. How much would you pay.
Chris,

That's really tough to gauge without pictures to illustrate the condition. When you say hull are you talking about flex in the deck or the hull bottom. The '66 has a fairly flat deck (not nearly the convex crown of today's boats) so some flex would be expected at certain points. On the bottom this might be a concern, but it is a '66, hard to think you'd find one that wasn't getting a little soft across the planing surfaces. Without some detailed photos and not knowing what region of the country I can only venture a clean, sailable boat might reasonably sell for anywhere from $300 to $800.

What's the condition of the sail?

Back