1966 Bow Handle

Swede

Hello: That was fast, I just bought a well used 1966 Sunfish today-#31114
$455 which included delivery to my house (about 40 miles) one year old North sail, does needs some hull work and polishing up. I thought that was not too bad a deal. With all the original tackle being brass on this, was the bow handle stainless (I'm guessing that is what is on the current boats) or was that also brass? The one on this boat has obviously been added later....the four extra holes in the deck give that away, another job there. If it was brass I would like to obtain the original version....anyone have an extra lying about? Thanks for any info. John

Ive been told that some of the old hardware was Bronze im not sure if thats true though, Anybody like to fill the both of us in?

Jonathon

John,

I have several chromed Sunfish bow handles. I am guessing it is chrome over brass. Theu are all a little pitted. $12 each pluys you pay postage from zip 13035. If you want one,. e-mail me your address off line at [email protected] and I will mail you the best of the lot.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Mike,

Naw, I came by them honestly - salvaged a few "beyond repair" 'fish in recent years and have some odd, old parts and fittings as a result.

Alan Glos

The one on the punky SF I just got seems to be chrome over brass. It is pitted-corroded.
I've tried to post/reply earlier to my original post, thanking folks for their reply, but the server kept routing me to log-in pages. I hope this works now. Petrel

Back