1950s Alcort Super Sailfish ZSA ZSA Restoration

As mentioned previously, I really like how the paint job wraps around, going below the waterline. I'm going to do similar on another one design day sailor. On high tech racers nowadays, the paint jobs can be really cool...even extending up into the sails.

When you start to run out of red in the water on the weather side, ease up on the sheet or head up into the wind a bit :)

IMG_6844.JPG

IMG_8799.JPG

Skipper spent quite a bit of time looking at the boat's lines, the boat trimmed well when I was sitting just aft of the handrails. That was a good spot to reach the tiller extension, and brace feet against the handrails or new toe rails. No issues with submarining, what we discovered during the restoration was that the Super Sailfish bow was changed a bit after the first model came it, it was given a little more rocker and the beam was flared out a bit. We now have measurements for the first generation Super Sailfish and second.

IMG_6823.JPG

....soooooo when are you starting your Super Sailfish. Here are the plans with the Gen 1 bow, 2nd Gen plans coming soon. Build the hull and all the hardware is still available, used or buy new from Laser Performance :)

Super Sailfish Plans Alcort.png

Attachments

• Super Sailfish Plans.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 108

Back