14.2 Expo Owner joining forum

jc9767

Longtime forum lurker, finally decided to join. I saw the thread on motor mounting, thought I would post a picture of my factory mount. I own a 14.2 Expo, I haven't seen many pictures on here of one. I use a Honda 2hp motor, saw many recommendations on this forum for that particular model.

My basic impressions of the 14.2 Expo is a it is a very easy boat to sail. I have sailed some Sunfish, but this is in a different league. We have painted our hull and leave it in the lake, we just unstrap the main and go. Goes into the wind well, downwind it seems to suffer from the lack of a Jib sail. Very roomy inside, you do not need to duck when the boom swings over. Here are some pics of the mount and the boat:
100_0456.jpg

011.JPG

Hi there

This is really I nice looking sail. I've seen different sails on the Expo model. How come they are different, do u have a choice when you order or each year has a different sail design. Can u elaborate on this as I'm considering to buy a used Expo.

Also I like the transom stair ( step ) u installed. Where did u get that from? Do u think it's necessary with the Expo?

Hi there

This is really I nice looking sail. I've seen different sails on the Expo model. How come they are different, do u have a choice when you order or each year has a different sail design. Can u elaborate on this as I'm considering to buy a used Expo.

Also I like the transom stair ( step ) u installed. Where did u get that from? Do u think it's necessary with the Expo?

Our boat dealer ordered custom sails when stocking their inventory, so this appears to be an option when ordering. The dealer installed the transom and motor mount when we purchased the boat. I would highly recommend some type of step, it helps if you were to have to get in the boat after a capsize.

Who is your boat dealer? Can u give me the website or email. I'm looking for a used Expo, there seems to be a few in the background of your picture.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Back