“Good Old Boat”

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
In the last few years, I’ve become increasingly disenchanted with most sailing magazines. So many of them have become nothing more than showcases for million-dollar yachts and are no longer relevant to the ordinary sailor. Like the guy who is trying to restore an old boat bought at a bargain. Or the ones who want to learn the basics in a number of areas, navigation, maintenance, sail handling, all the stuff everyday sailors need to know.

But now I just finished reading the current issue of “Good Old Boat” and was blown away by not just by the variety of topics (cruising, maintenance and repair, boat reviews, and even some good old sea stories) but by the depth of the articles. This magazine isn’t stuffed with ads, it’s stuffed with information.

And now the publishers of “Good Old Boat” have made the Capri 14.2 National Association an offer we can’t refuse. For each subscription ($39.95) made using the Capri 14.2 code number (2184) by the end of 2005, the association will get a rebate of $5. What a great way to support your class association, the one that brings you this website.

You can subscribe online, by way of http://www.goodoldboat.com or by phone (763-420-8923) or mail (Good Old Boat, 7340 Niagara Lane North, Maple Grove, MN 55311). If you visit their website, you can also request a free sample issue. Important - However you subscribe, please be sure to include our association identification number, 2184. Thanks!

Ed Jones, Secretary
Capri 14.2 National Association

Just Subscribed!

It is a great magazine. I have purchased an occasional copy on the newsstand. This was the perfect excuse to go ahead and subscribe and to help the association too! I have restored and old C-25 over the last three years. Sold her last month and purchased a much newer, pristine C-14 (Hull #5136) last week. Restoration is fun, but expensive. I almost broke even on the project, but the time spent working on that old bucket is priceless! :D

Back