At this stage I'm just learning to sail. Grommets are ok. I patched some holes with sail tape. Power washed the dirt and grime off.
So I'm probably ok for now, and maybe better spend the money on a ratchet block.
I want to say thanks to this forum who helped me to get my fixer-upper to sail. With your help I was able to do the following repairs:
Modern rudder upgrade
Inspection ports installation
Minor hull patching
I'm happy to say that my wife and...
Since two of the self-drilling ones didn't tighten completely (i think they stripped the fiberglass), I would probably stick with the bolts next time.
For that reason, I put a bead of 4200 around the outside of the port. Not very pretty, but it works.