You notice something?

Discussion in 'Laser Wanted Ads' started by Goonie, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goonie

Goonie Guest

There are so many wanted ads here and I bet no one ever gets a response to their ad. I know I haven't. I dont think I will ever get a boat :(.

2. Bradley

Bradley Guest

I suggest that you look through the For Sale section, other than that, there is not much I can do. I am thinking about setting up an auto-prune for this forum so that a thread will delete automatically after 2 weeks or something like that of inactivity (no replies). I am not sure and would be interested in your opinion on this.

3. Goonie

Goonie Guest

Nah I wouldn't delete the inactive threads, because a new member might not see it if it gets deleted. And who knows, maybe if he had seen it he would have gotten that very boat.

PS I already looked in the for sale section.

Goonie

4. drLaser

drLaser Guest

Consider leaving the FOR SALE ads for the hulls (only).

Leaving them there forever allows the creation of a database where both buyers and sellers can do a Search to check what year hull was selling in which year for how much money and in what condition.

IMHO, the Forum should also be viewed as a long term depository of information rather than merely as a communication medium. Which is (again) a policy issue.

Best regards,

Shevy Gunter

5. Bradley

Bradley Guest

I think you are right, I will not set them to remove.

6. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

ummm...k

i agree and here is why. its not like people want to buy a boat everyday and people want to sell their boat everyday. people need variety. and if delete the threads and someone wanted that boat then had to buy another one because the 2 weeks was up, well then they just got screwed. but they must go sometime so i guess thats up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.