You know you're a Laser sailer when...

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by splashdown, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

OK, so this one isn't just for Lasers. (This joke works better if you say it, not write it.)

Three ropes go into a bar for a drink. The bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here."

They leave, but one of them is really thirsting. He ties himself up and rolls around in the dirt for a while.

He goes back inside and sits at the bar. The bartender says, "Weren't you just in here?"

The rope says, "'Fraid not."

2. vtgent49

vtgent49 Member

You know you're a Laser sailor when........

You shake the presents under the tree, hoping one is a new Vang, even though there is snow outside!

Peace to all.

Al Russell 138888

3. lasersailor173707

lasersailor173707 New Member

when all you get for christmas is laser sailing gear and you don't even care about not getting anything else

4. laser_sailorette

laser_sailorette New Member

You know you're a sailor when...

-you marry a girl/guy just to keep good crew.
    * you open up your foil bag to find a bottle of rum.
    * you open up your inspection port only to find a package of tuna still there from 2001...twas gross.
    -When it's the 27th of the month and you've only 84 cents left.
    * you go on vacation only to where good boating stores are.
    * you're a pilot flying to New Zealand and when your suppost to be sleeping, you throw on your boat shoes and head for the America's Cup boats.
    * you go to a regatta and you have no where to sleep, so you sleep on a bench and random people throw money at you.

those are just a few that I can think of...some of them actually happened(the ones with the *, and some of them i made up...

5. JacksonAUS

JacksonAUS New Member

You know you're a Laser sailor when you go to the pubs after racing and find yourself tipsy after 2 or 3 drinks.

6. Murphs

Murphs New Member

you know you're a laser sailor when you look at the nationals entry list and see over 280 boats entered

7. lasersailor173707

lasersailor173707 New Member

when you decide that you would rather get a new boat than a car. my friends (the non-sailors) all think i'm crazy for this though.

8. sailor327

sailor327 New Member

im only 14 but i agree with laser sailor173707. im probably going to be working during the summer to get a new laser not a car.

9. laser_sailorette

I agree to that...all my friends think that I'm joking when I say I'm going to save money for a new laser than a car. I just tell them that why do I need a car, when the three other members in my family have one...I'll just take one of their cars, its not like i'll leave them stranded somewhere, they know where i'll be...at the lake!

10. ascella_dylan

ascella_dylan New Member

well...when your at the door dressed and ready, wet suit on, foils and sails over your shoulder, in the in the tale of a hurricane, and your mother calls and the first thing she says (before hello) is "you're not going sailing"

11. ascella_dylan

ascella_dylan New Member

i can agree, no way i'm buying a car, laser sail and new keel boat coming first (possibly the only things coming)

12. sailor327

sailor327 New Member

hey ascella dylan do you live in Fl

13. laser_sailorette

How could you be ready to go laser sailing in hurricane season....you live in CANADA!

14. ascella_dylan

ascella_dylan New Member

true Colleen i do but on lake ontario we sometimes get the tale ends of them as they die out on there way north. I think we got 2 or 3 this year. there in no way as wild as the full thing (i'm crazy not stupid) but they still carry a lot of power

15. 144679

144679 New Member

colleen chill, dylans got a point, just listen to other peole n what they have to say don't critasize them

16. Merrily

You sail when no other boater dares to go out!

My husband, John, was in Florida yesterday, and wanted to take our powerboat out, but it was too windy. The other guys at the marina, avid fishermen, stayed in and worked on their boats. John looked out over Sarasota Bay and there were big swells and no boats whatsoever. Usually there's lots of traffic with powerboats and cruising sailboats. Then here come 3 Lasers around the point surfing the waves! They sailed right through the pass and into the Gulf of Mexico, and were they flying!

17. Braecrest

Braecrest Member

"When no other boater dares to go out"

My friend and I went sailing on a day it was blowing like hell. Wind and swells were so bad that the 84' Coast Guard Cutter wouldn't leave it's berth!

This also happened to be the day I tore my old practice sail and bent my LOWER mast section, but it was worth it!

18. Braecrest

Braecrest Member

You know your a laser sailor when your requirements for buying a car are based on laser/surfboard/bike carrying capacity.

Used 1991 BMW 318is, ball hitch for two boat laser trailer, roof rack for two bikes and two surfboards, enough trunk space for blades and all other boat/bike gear + two handles of whiskey!

19. mustang__1

mustang__1 New Member

I was almost out there that day but i didnt have my life jacket (dad picked me after school but didnt take the d**m thing), which realy sucked.

20. Merrily

John was at New Pass by the Sarasota Sailing Squadron. Where is the Yacht Club?