You know you're a Laser sailer when...

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by splashdown, Sep 5, 2003.

1. pleon5045

pleon5045 New Member

when you always fall out of a 420 or other boat with two hiking straps because you can never find it. (the back foot over the strap trick fails on you)

2. LR29289

LR29289 New Member

When you mention your Laser to a friend, and they say they thought you were bad at science.

3. Braecrest

Braecrest Member

You know your a Laser sailor when;

Skippering a keelboat (Tripp 33) you get so tuned in to the helm and triming the main, you forget you have a jib and totally forget to tell the crew which spinnaker to use... it happened not once, but twice this weekend... oh well 3rd is ok, it was a rough weekend..

4. GeoffS

GeoffS Member

You know your a Laser sailor when:

Despite having access and opportunity to sail on diverse boats (from scows to large keel-boats) you look back on the season and realize that nearly 100% of your sailing was done on a Laser.

Despite having an iceboat in pieces and precious little time to get it ready for the hard-water season, you take an afternoon off and go Laser sailing.

Cheers,

Geoff S.
    DN US-5156/Laser 145234/Renegade 510

5. Skierman48@aol.com

Skierman48@aol.com New Member

Hi my name is Austin, i was just wondering if you could tell my where you got that bumper sticker, its great. My e-Mail is Skierman48@aol.com
    Thanks

6. Fuzzy Metal

Fuzzy Metal New Member

You know your a Laser Sailor when you refuse to sail a Catamaran under ANY conditions. Even if there are no other boats available.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you are proud of your Bootie tan, Hiking Pants tan and Rash guard or PFD Tan.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you go into the Marina store fully decked out in your sailing gear (In particular spandex over evrything) and don't notice the looks you receive. Also applicable in the bar.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you get home and realize you still have your PFD on.

7. megan_155372

megan_155372 New Member

Sometimes when I am on a keel boat and I just keep thinking that I need to find the hiking straps to hike the boat flat. And the same as 116794 said how when bad drives cut you off and you yell "starboard" or I say sometimes "bouy room" or "leeward over windward" and even when people are right next to the back of your car I have been known to say "over taking boat must keep clear."

8. Alloy

Alloy New Member

you know your a laser sailor when u sit down on a bech nd nearly fall off the back of it then realise theres no hioking strap.

9. David

David New Member

I fixed your spelling a little, but you have no idea how many time's I've done that :p

You know your a laser sailor when you get a detention in school for drawing lasers all over everything (desks, assignments, in the bathroom...)

I haven't done that...but i know of a person who has.

I know I'm laaser sailor when... My friends finaly realise I'm talking about boats, instead of sharks with laser's on their head from Austin Powers

10. sailordude

sailordude New Member

yeah i have big problems with that! its hard to make the transition from the water to the road. probibly because i spent most my time on the water.

11. yachtie2k4

yachtie2k4 New Member

you know your a laser sailor when you look at the other people using the tractor to pull their boats up the sand & you just pull your boat up the sand by your self.

you know your a laser sailor when you don't have to go to the little marina thing which is like 500m from my yacht club to launch your boat, all you do is launch it where there is enough water for it to float.

12. jsharp

jsharp New Member

Getting yelled at for being outside the lifelines driving a j24 is always fun, how are you supposed to drive when your head is inside the boat?

13. keiran searle AUS

keiran searle AUS New Member

when u try & sail a cat flat

14. Murphs

Murphs New Member

when you try to sail a skiff by the lee, especially a 49er

15. lasersailor173707

lasersailor173707 New Member

you have unexplainable bruises all over.......
    but not all are unexplainable.....deathrolls.....

16. David

David New Member

OK...I just had my whole class yell at me because I did that again today...
    :(

17. Mullet Time!

Mullet Time! Member

you know your a laser sailor when...

...you argue with 29er sailors about how fast it would be to make a fully battened spinnaker that sails by the lee

...You go into subway for lunch still wearing your sailing clothes and getting the floor all wet and what not

...You consistantly win debates with the 29er sailors on why lasers are better

18. laser_sailorette

laser_sailorette New Member

I got a good one...

-you know you're a laser sailor when...you have to dress up to go to WAL-MART ;)

19. 144679

144679 New Member

When u always argue with ur dad, why ur laser is better then his 40ft steel hulled cruiser,
    even when he asks "remember when we did that 300mile crossing in that massive storm, which would u be safer in"

20. laser_sailorette

laser_sailorette New Member