Yellow '78 Laser with trailer & newer sail

Discussion in 'Laser For Sale Ads' started by sogwal, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogwal

sogwal New Member

Price:
    I have a 78 Laser with a Holsclaw trailer in Urbana/Champaign Illinois, 2 1/2 hours south of Chicaco. The hull is in good condition, and the sail is relatively new. The underside of the hull is yellow, and the deck is white. The trailer got new wiring and one new tire last summer. Hull #ZFS62409M78I, $950.

You can reach me by phone at (217)344-5901. I screen my calls, but if you tell the answering machine you're calling about the boat, I'll pick up. Or you can email me at <my account>@<my ISP>, where my email account is dsb, and my ISP is prairienet.org.

2. ntvolkema

ntvolkema New Member

Is your boat still for sale, could you email pics?
    ntvolkema@yahoo.com

Thanks, very interested in your boat!

3. sogwal

sogwal New Member

Sorry, I don't have a camera. It won't win any beauty contests, but it's basically in good shape. There's a small damaged area (1" x 2" triangle) at the tip of the bow where the boat must have bumped into things once in a while, and some shallow dings and scratches elsewhere on the hull. I dug out some of the material between the deck and underside around the bow, and filled the area in with Marine Tex. I think it's pretty solid now, and it's reasonably smooth. The only real problem that I know of is that the rudder is a little messed up. I've used it as is, but it's not in perfect condition.

4. Majorsailor

Majorsailor New Member

What bottom section do you have? 4.7 radial or full rig?

5. sogwal

sogwal New Member

It's a full-size rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.