year of laser

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by scars_scrapes, Aug 27, 2008.

1. enescaylak

enescaylak New Member

You are right ,the financial books are archived for years in turkey too(altough sunsail is british they must keep them)But they are using the boats for just enjoying the guests in hotel so they don't need a sail number and I think they don't even cared about the sailnumber or know what it is.So it would be meaningless to ask them.I can't ask the dealer because I don't think that they are buying the boats from turkey dealer.I Think the general managemet of the sunsail clubs buy the boats as a fleet with some spesific riggings like a hyde made sail wich has a sunsail logo on it.
    This wekend I'll check all of the HINs and Sail Nos and if I find the same differences between the S.N. and HINs I'll figure out my sail number acoording to the others.
    As I remember the turkish laser class ass. manager is the only laser dealer in turkey so he would propably know which boat is legal.A document wich shows that the boat is legal could be enough to attend legally to the important events.

He is not hurt he is okay.The pictures you have seen must be belonging to the Istanbul sailingweek races.I think you know it is a traditional international race that our club organises every year.You can come here bring your own sail and have charter boat to race and also you can accomodate in our club the charter boats and the accomodations are all free(If you come here Ill try my best to give you a good boat here).This year oen of the days was very windy.We have some good wind here.We had a race with him this weekend.The race was ony at saturday.we had a start but the the race was abandoned while we were at the econd upwind leg.I was the second after him (But just 7 radials had start) but the race was delayed to sunday.On sunday he didn't come to club i think he didn't know the race was delayed to sunday.On the first race I was ocs(unfortunately because of my silly desicions and the start line which was paralel to our upwind degree) at the second race I was the firs but it didnt mean anything because of the ocs :S.we have another this weekend and Im looking forward to it :D.

2. Alysum

Alysum Member

what happened to the lasersailing website resource page where you could find out for any sail number when it was made?

I want to know when the 200,000 will start to be made too!

3. enescaylak

enescaylak New Member

vanguard and performance sailcraft europe got together as laserperformance so they designed a new website and unfortunately there is no page including this information.And also I didn't get any reply to my mail.

4. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

During the LP-website is not to find: Read here for the sailnumber to boat age relationship:
    http://www.laserforum.org/determine-age-my-laser-t10002.html
    "Horizon"s table and the informations that I found out there, are nearly the same and perhaps do help you a bit.

Ciao
    LooserLu
    {P.S.: It is definitely a shame that the lame "ILCA-office" at Falmouth/UK is not able to give us such tables as an online information (some of us konw it under the word: "service") for what do we pay for, with our membership fees, unbelievable (...) }