year of boats

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by Teeftie, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Teeftie

Teeftie New Member

what year boats does everyone on here sail? it seems to be more talk of old boats than new ones

2. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

I sail a 2004, just about six months old now, although my true hobby is restoring and sailing the older 1970's ones :).

3. GeoffS

GeoffS Member

'92 SLI boat with serious deck delamination...

4. Paullingham

Paullingham New Member

84 boat,
    In good condition.

5. Murphs

Murphs New Member

99-2000 boat

6. cgoing

cgoing New Member

I ahve a 2004 and a 1976. The 76 just came out of a garage after a 25 year nap.

7. The year of August

The year of August New Member

I have a 79, it had only been sailed about 50 tiems and is in amazing conidition, water tight, deck had a few bubles that had been repaired...im amazed at the quality and affordibility, compared to buying a new boat. Specially for students.

8. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

Hi all,
    LooserLu┬┤s Laserhull, #46438, is from 1977 - a PSE-boat built in the UK. That boats (if handled correct) hold very long and are also expensive today (a week ago, "the older twin-sister" of Laser GER46438, Laser GER46425 was sold on ebay: 900 Euro/1100US-$ :)) , here in GER. No delaminations, stiff and fast (for their age), "top"-maststep but a bit more heavier than newer ones, because the oldies have a layer fibreglas more then the hulls from mid of ┬┤80ies until to today.
    Ciao
    LooserLu

9. 43575

43575 New Member

I have a 1976 boat which is in really good conditoion, but the hull flexes a lot on wavey conditions. I also have a new 2004 vanguard boat which i have not sailed yet.

10. Steven

Steven New Member

Mine is a 1988 boat that has been in out of storage over the years. For the first 5 years it was sailed infrequently (~15 times), I bought the near new boat in 1994 and it was sailed weekly durring the summers 1994 to 2000. From mid 2000 to mid 2004 it was hanging from the rafters in a garage until I brought it out this year which then was sailed 3 times a week.

The boat looks new and stil has the original sail which will be replaced for 2005, unfortunately only this summer has it started to take on water, about a half a litre per sail...wish I could figure out where it is coming from.

11. 144679

144679 New Member

Mines a 1991-1992 (144679)

i think its a limited edition because its got a black bow section, for 3/4 of hull then goes into gray sections about 4 imch wide and at the sten quarter it says "Baccarat"

its a great boat. i am really in love ( sad i know )

Jon steward, radial 144679
    yeadon, uk

12. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

Sounds like a cool paint job. I'm sure if you posted some pictures we'd all like to have a look.

13. 144679

144679 New Member

<MacKenzie Wasson >
    if you tell me how to post pic i will take some and post them for all to see.
    thanks for you comments it is a nice boat.

14. lasersailor173707

lasersailor173707 New Member

my boat is a 2002. i bought it used but it had only been used very few times.

15. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

Unfortunately, I'm not very sure how to post pictures either. Can anyone else help us here?

16. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

My boat is a 2003 and I'm in love too. Don't even think it's sad. On the photo thing, have you tried going to the photo gallery and playing with the file upload? Maybe that will do the trick.

Janet

17. yachtie2k4

yachtie2k4 New Member

my boat is to old

18. keiran searle AUS

keiran searle AUS New Member

has anyone seen a "black magic" boat they are about 8 years old & fully black to the water line with black spars

19. Paullingham

Paullingham New Member

Iv seen one for sale :D

20. yachtie2k4

yachtie2k4 New Member

cuase my boat isn't really competitive, i think i will respray it later in life, maybe like this 77fter, cept a bit better.
    [​IMG]
    this boat is called Black Dragon, an R/P 77.