I recently got a free mid-70's Laser that had been stored outside, upside-down with the hull plug out for 20 years in Pennsylvania. My plan was to: remove the fittings, drill the holes out a little, fill the holes in with epoxy and filler, then redrill the holes and through bolt the fittings back on. The interesting part was when I started drilling the holes out a little. On every hole except for one, the bit came out with what looked and felt like dirt in the flutes, not wood chips like one would expect. The inserts that I could see from the inspection ports were all black. I also noticed that the deck under both the traveler fairleads is slightly raised in a rectangular pattern too. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do next: scrap the hull / replace the plywood inserts / drill out much larger holes & fill them in with marine ply plugs glassed in on top and bottom / option-d: something else entirely. Please let me know what you think.