Winter thoughts

Tideripped

It's a long winter in CT. If you love sailing. I'm essentially spiffing up my boat, repaint, some mods worked out and this nifty online program called Predict Wind that routes my intended day sails and overnighters with weather tide etc taken into account. It's a wild thing actually. Other than that I just wish to hell April would get here!!!! I've got a dry suit but the thought of sailing in February is a real downer.

What have you guys been doing to thaw out your sailors spirit?

Thanks folks!!!!

Pete

It's a long winter in CT. If you love sailing. I'm essentially spiffing up my boat, repaint, some mods worked out and this nifty online program called Predict Wind that routes my intended day sails and overnighters with weather tide etc taken into account. It's a wild thing actually. Other than that I just wish to hell April would get here!!!! I've got a dry suit but the thought of sailing in February is a real downer.

What have you guys been doing to thaw out your sailors spirit?

Thanks folks!!!!

Pete
I feel your pain! Not much sailing in Indiana in January either. I have been window shopping for cold weather gear and would appreciate your input on your dry suit. What brand and type and how satisfied with it.

Thanks much.

It's a KOKOTAT Dura. About ten years old almost. Goretex all that with booties attached like Jammie's. no p-fly but its not needed. Much better for sailing than kayaking where sweating is problematic if u go aerobic. Sailing is much more dry suit friendly. I think its excellent. Prices have come down but back then it was just under $900. So its an investment but it beat neoprene 100%. Though a neoprene hoody is a good thing.

Pete

In Portland, OR we can still sail, when the sun (very rarely) comes out. December 29tth I was out with a neoprene skiff suit and neoprene long sleeve top, 45 degree day. I guess I could have gone skiing at Mt. Hood.

Reminds me of Chesapeake Lightcrafts Millcreek series. Nice craft simple or not. Sometimes respite demands simplicity other tes you jus gotta tinker with the machine!

Pete

Back