Winter Storage

Portstar

I have to store my Laser outside for the winter would it be better for me to store it upside down on saw hoarses or right side up on a Laser trailer? Having a frame built for a trap to go over it to keep the snow off of it.

Portstar said:
I have to store my Laser outside for the winter would it be better for me to store it upside down on saw hoarses or right side up on a Laser trailer? Having a frame built for a trap to go over it to keep the snow off of it.

I too am interested in an answer to this. I am a first time user of this forum so I'm not sure how to read answers!:eek: I also remember once that there was a way to store the Laser on its side resting against a wall. Has anyone any success with this method? Would it be a good idea to wrap a tarp around it, or would that just end up keeping moisture in.
Thanks!

Assuming the trailer holds the boat by the rails, i would keep it on the trailer with a tarp over it. Alternately, you could build a rack and set it on its side off the ground, then cover it.

Also, if it's at all possible, you could store it inside in a number of ways. You can buy or make a lift and just lift the hull up to the garage ceiling, or you could stand it up on its rear or side rail.

Back