Width of a Laser transom ?

Deimos

Can anybody tell me how wide the Laser transom is ? Reason is I am buying one this winter and need to purchase a light board for trailing before I collect it. Here (France) light boards come in a very wide range of lengths (at least I've seem a wide range on lengths) - so am keen to get one that has the lights in a sensible place (e.g. not near the centre line, but does not stick out too far either side).

Many thanks
Ian

Many thanks.
downloaded them some time ago and had a look through the beginning bits earlier (re: another question I asked here) but did not get as far as the diagram. Interesting also because I asked the UK Performance Sailcraft and the best they knew (or would say) was "slightly less than the beam". Beam 1.42m, transom 1.07 - good job I checked here.

Thanks
Ian

My difficulty is that here light boards seem available in a range of lengths (no "standard length"). I intend to get my Laser and trailer from the UK Laser Centre but when I asked them the question their reply was not desperately helpful, plus their web site says nothing about the trailer width, etc.
I need to buy the light board in France (to get the fog light on the correct side), so I am caught unsure as to what next. Confess I'm a bit disappointed with the UK Laser Centre (Performance Sailcraft). whilst I know they sell loads, still, Laser, trailer, plus loads of accessories, etc. is quite a lot of money and they don't seem to be too helpful !!

Any suggestions as to what length trailer light board would be best ?

Ian

Ian, in UK lights have to be within 400mm of the edge of the vehicle, so the lights on the board should be no less than 400mm from the trailer width, whatever that is. Europe will be the same.

Back