Why do you own more than one sunfish

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by mixmkr, May 24, 2017.

1. AlcortSailfish

AlcortSailfish New Member

I am most definitely interested how much would shipping cost ? I live in San Diego ca thank you so much I'm so excited how can we do this how can o send you a personal messege?

2. oldpaint

oldpaint Active Member

I just tried out the start a conversation feature. You should see it in your profile (maybe)

3. signal charlie

signal charlie Active Member Staff Member

That vintage sail would be perfect, as long it is for the Super Sailfish or Super Sailfish MKII. There is no difference in the logo between the Standard Sailfish and the other 2.

Back to the thread. Why do we own more than one Sunfish? We each need one to sail, plus spares in case friends drop by. Fiberglass boats used to get sailed the most but lately we've been taking the wooden boats out a bit more. Then there are the foster boats, fun to fix up, sail, then sell to new families. That is a ton of fun. Lagniappe Beach Sunfish.JPG

4. leob1

leob1 New Member

I don't even have one Sunfish! But I do have a Super Porpoise, and it's likely to be an orphan. I'm still learning to sail, and its is fun to get out on the water and sail around.
    I do however have 5 bicycles....

• Like Like x 1
  5. South Tower Demon

South Tower Demon Member

I'm tempted to buy a second Sunfish just to get the accompanying trailer.

6. Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender Breeze Bender

Be careful, South Tower Demon, that's usually how the addiction starts! It's often easier and cheaper to find a trailer with a 'fixer upper' on it than to buy a trailer on it's own. I currently have 3 Sunfish, 3 Sailfish and 3 Minifish. Plus 3 Seitech dollies and 3 trailers. Oh, and a couple of kayaks and a canoe and a 12' motorboat. I restore and resell and find great satisfaction in the process, plus have met fantastic people, have learned a great deal and in the end maybe make a buck or two.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

I have a 2005 race Sunfish that I baby (always covered, well maintained. new sail every few years etc.) and a 1985 Sunfish that I keep on a ramp on my beach, uncovered, for fast access and a quick sail after my house chores are done. The '85 Sunfish is bare bones affair with no race go-fast gear to speak of other than a ratchet block and Harken cleat rig inspired by fellow Sunfish Forum poster, tag - my fish. However, I won't tell you now many rescue 'fish I have owned over the years...suffice to say I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them all. Getting them back on the water has been a source of great satisfaction for me.

Alan Glos

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. mixmkr

mixmkr Active Member

Does the red deck get hot?...or you get enuff spray to keep things cooled down?? :-D

9. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

The red deck does get warm on a sunny day, but I sailed today on Cazenovia Lake (near Syracuse, NY) and as the high today was only 61 degrees, the warm deck felt just right. Hopefully we get a few more nice days in October before winter starts to set in.

Alan Glos

10. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I'm up to four. :) But that should be halved by next July.

Just imagine selling the two best of my four Sunfish. :confused:

11. John Young

John Young New Member

Do You still have a sunfish mast in central florida?
    Thanks
    John

12. Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender Breeze Bender

You should keep your favorite Fish for yourself!

13. Light and Variable Winds

Your choice of three, including one--new/never used.
    My "Favorite Sunfish" happens to be a "leaker". But I like messing with boats. :)

That said, 'thinking about keeping this most recent purchase 'cause it's ready to go. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. John Young

John Young New Member

where are you located in FL? I'm interested in the used mast for $90

John

15. Light and Variable Winds

You've been sent a PM.