who knows about the minifish?

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by nrt5335, Sep 12, 2004.

1. nrt5335

nrt5335 New Member

i am absolutely clueless about sailing. I found a AMF Minifish Alcort Division hull in my parents shed. I just cleaned it up and also found the mast boom and thing perpendicular to the boom? Sail is in very bad condition, I need to buy one. Where would i go to look for these parts. i have a hard time finding any minifish results online - normally comes up sunfish. Thought they might be comperable. I need a manual or some kind of guidence. The Hull is 11'9" if that makes a difference. Any help anyone could give would be fantastic. Thanks

2. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Nick,

The Minifish as the name implies is a smaller version of the Sunfish, but many of the parts and gear are interchangable with the Sunfish. I believe that the sail on the Minifish is the same size as a Sunfish sail, but to be honest, I am not absolutely sure. There is a guy out near Cape Code, Al Courtines, who has one or more Minifish and would know for sure. You can contact him at: Cotuitbrteeze@aol.com. He might even has a used Minifish sail he would sell you.

Good luck. Finding an old boat in a shed is always fun.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. Wayne

Wayne Member Emeritus

Attached Files:

4. Molly

Molly Women's Contingent

I just took a look at the Minifish instructions. I've never seen them before and they sure look a lot like the Sunfish instructions. Interesting the way the sail was tied on in the original setup.

5. Al Court

Al Court Al Court

Nick,

Alan Glos gave you my email address misspelled. It's Cotuitbreeze@aol.com

Al Courtines