Where to get a Class Flag

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by Rob B, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

I need a Laser class flag/burgee for starting sequences. Vanguard could not tell me where to get one. Any ideas?

2. 49208

49208 Tentmaker

3. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Better yet is from the International Laser Class office in England. 10 pounds is about $20 American and with shipping, I got mine for about $25. They also have Radial and 4.7 flags.

http://www.laserinternational.org/flags.htm

P.S. That seems to be a pretty bad failure on the part of Vanguard. Let's hope it's because they are busy building great boats.

4. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Years ago, ours started as a white piece of nice thick sailcloth made into a flag. The euual stuff...heavy grommetts and seams courtesy of bartlett sails of Austin.

The we traced a Laser logo by placing our flag over a Laser sail.

About ten minutes later we had finished "coloring in" the logo with a Sanford King Size red marker.

The more recent flags, Bartlett has completed himself before donating them to our fleet. He has also started sewing a batten from the inboard botom to outboard top. Unfortunatl, the flag now stands out wonderfully in conditions where we should all be doing something else.

5. Cindy Taylor

Cindy Taylor Member

We made one with a blown out laser sail. We just cut a square where the laser emblem is and put it on a stick. The downside is that the emblem is only on one side but it works for informal racing.

6. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

So get a red sanford king sized marker and color the other side!! Ten minutes max.