Where to buy a Laser in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Laser Wanted Ads' started by Chrigel, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrigel

Chrigel New Member

Hi,
    I owned a Laser 25 years ago (42999) and want to buy one again in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't know any stores here. Please help.

2. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. I used the "Dealer locator" at teamvanguard.com cause I couldn't remember the name of this store. I've been to Svendsen's, and in addition to selling Lasers, they are a full chandlery. I love hardware stores, and what could be better than a BOAT hardware store!

SVENDSEN'S BOATWORKS
    1851 CLEMENT AVENUE
    ALAMEDA , CA 94501

Phone: 510-522-7860
    Fax: 510-522-2889

3. sorosz

sorosz Member

If you're looking for used try Craig's List. At the moment there are two older boats (one at least is older than the one you had 25 years ago. . .).

Sometimes people spread the word about boats for sale on the District 24 e-mail list so you might want to sign up for that, it's also a great way to hear about upcoming races, clinics, practice sessions etc. There are 3 pretty active fleets within the Bay Area -- St. Francis YC, Shoreline and Treasure Island Sailing Center. TI is the site of the 2007 Pacific Coast Championships so we're hoping for a great turnout this year when the Thursday Night races resume on April 5! (go to the District 24 page on the class website for more details).

-Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.