What year...

Jenia

did Sunfish start having the moulded fiberglass splash guard? I just bought my first Sunfish and it was very "rigged" if you know what I mean. I would like to bring it back to it's original condition, but I have no idea what I've got. There is no serial# on the transom that I can find.:confused:

it was very "rigged" if you know what I mean.
I can't say I know what you mean. The mast and sail are known as the rig, but since I doubt you were surprised that it came with a sail and spars, I don't think that is what you mean.

Can you post a picture? If the splashrail is molded to the deck, what you have is not a Sunfish. BTW older (1971 and older) Sunfish had the serial number on either a metal plate or a sticker near the mast.

BB

After some extensive searching I realize now that what I bought was actually a Gulf Coast 14 that was advertised as a sunfish. My dad & I have already gutted it and taken all the hardwear off to repair the hull and repaint it. Do you have any experience with these boats? Any advise? Thank you for everything already. This is what it looked like when I first saw it. We have only owned boats 25' or more so I was really not familiar with this specific boat.

Attachments

• june2011 268.jpg
    june2011 268.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 58
oh yeah what i meant by "rigged" was "not the original boat"...pieced together without regard to the origianl/authentic integrity or condition of the boat.

Back